Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fly
since you’re the credit card guru here (as well as the covid guru) i have a question

i made a purchase on my credit card in feb ($2000) for a sofa that i have decided i no longer want.
i have to call and cancel the order no big deal, it was supposed to be delivered in june

HOWEVER, the credit card i used is now expired and i don’t have a new one because it’s a peruvian credit card and i can’t get a new one until i go there physically to get one from the bank (thanks covid)

so my question is, can i have the money refunded back to another account ? or does it have to be that american express account (which i already paid off)

kthnx
Credit cards regularly send checks for over payment and such. Wouldn't be any different from that.

@fly
since you’re the credit card guru here (as well as the covid guru) i have a question

i made a purchase on my credit card in feb ($2000) for a sofa that i have decided i no longer want.
i have to call and cancel the order no big deal, it was supposed to be delivered in june

HOWEVER, the credit card i used is now expired and i don’t have a new one because it’s a peruvian credit card and i can’t get a new one until i go there physically to get one from the bank (thanks covid)

so my question is, can i have the money refunded back to another account ? or does it have to be that american express account (which i already paid off)

kthnx
Almost certainly it will go back to the card you used. Shit's all automated these days. While its certainly possible they could cut you check, that will not happen. Your only recourse is to get the bank to work with you.

Also, while I have no real idea, I'd assume you would have much more consumer protections from a card issued in Canada then one from Peru. If that's the case, get rid of that Peruvian Amex.

Credit cards regularly send checks for over payment and such. Wouldn't be any different from that.

ok.. it’s a peruvian credit card. if they send a check they are gonna send it to my address there and to my tenant

also this is a credit card not a bank credit card (the dont have bank credit cards there ((yet)) )

so can i just use my debit card to put the money back into my bank account ?

does that make sense

so the store wants to run it back to my credit card and i have to SWIPE the card but the card is expired and doesn’t work
is it a cancelled card entirely? Or you just got a new issue (new number, new expiration, etc?) Ive had plenty of cases where the refund issued to an expired or cancelled due to fraud card go to the replacement card just fine

@Mud

5pf1sio9uxs61.jpg

then make sure the store doesnt send it back to that card. Theres no reason they have to do that if you're in the store, proving you are who you are.
IIRC, there are merchant agreements in place that require them to send the refund back to the same card. Her best hope is that they don't actually check it.

If I were to up and walk out of my domestic situation and start over in a bare apartment with next to no possessions I think I'd probably look for a couch that was a little less than two thousand dollars but that's just me.

If I were to up and walk out of my domestic situation and start over in a bare apartment with next to no possessions I think I'd probably look for a couch that was a little less than two thousand dollars but that's just me.
that might be why she cancelled it....

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

i bought it with my
peruvian credit card, i have a substantial amount of money from my inheritance tied up in peru (in US funds) that i dip into when i’m able to.
if i couldn’t afford it, i wouldn’t have bought it

truth be told, i’d be WAAAAY better off living there off my inheritance than here

• Gravy
that might be why she cancelled it....

canceled it cuz it’s too big for my tiny place
ANNNND the delivery company told me that they can only deliver it to my door. so i live in a little condo building that has 1 level floors condos and 2 floor condos and they can only bring it to the ground floor.
they won’t bring it it cuz of covid and there is no way i can get anyone here to help me get it in (covid) and it would have to sit on the side of the road til i got enough people to bring it in my place

it’s so big .. i don’t know what i was thinking lol

• Haha
i bought it with my
peruvian credit card, i have a substantial amount of money from my inheritance tied up in peru (in US funds) that i dip into when i’m able to.
if i couldn’t afford it, i wouldn’t have bought it

truth be told, i’d be WAAAAY better off living there off my inheritance than here
The phrase "Peruvian credit card" sounds suspect to me. Like its actually slang for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.