Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to sleet this afternoon and add another layer of ice to the pile, then that should be it. Start thawing out tomorrow.
Still have power but the city's water stopped running yesterday, lol.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
A beer dude I follow on Insta lives in Austin somewhere and has apparently been without power for two days now. Yay deregulation!
I'm seeing all that same shit, but I can't help laughing at them. All this race to the bottom nonsense isn't to be applauded, so I feel like they kinda made their own beds on this one.

I'm seeing all that same shit, but I can't help laughing at them. All this race to the bottom nonsense isn't to be applauded, so I feel like they kinda made their own beds on this one.
California is another shining example, but all across the country grid maintenance budgets are evaporating, and have been for a while. Things like this will only continue to get worse.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
California is another shining example, but all across the country grid maintenance budgets are evaporating, and have been for a while. Things like this will only continue to get worse.

Yeah. Back when society had no electricity, society was built around not having it. Now just about everything is built around and depends on it.
Should be one of the top priorities to keep up-to-date. But Nope!
It's always someone else's problem.
Until ....
Sci-Fi Blackout GIF

The storm is getting a little nasty here.
Sounds like a sand storm hitting the house. Lazy day today.
Tomorrow might be a workout though.

Yeah. Back when society had no electricity, society was built around not having it. Now just about everything is built around and depends on it.
Should be one of the top priorities to keep up-to-date. But Nope!
It's always someone else's problem.
Until ....
Sci-Fi Blackout GIF

This exactly describes the numbskulls on the daily press calls here. Various agency spokesmen, oversight Commission reps, mayors, utility reps, and various other bureaucrats. All making a litany of excuses and pointing the finger somewhere else instead of just saying ok folks, we fucked up, here's how we're gonna fix it.

Conspicuously absent are members of any sort of energy corporate board, power plant operators, private utility contractors, etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
This exactly describes the numbskulls on the daily press calls here. Various agency spokesmen, oversight Commission reps, mayors, utility reps, and various other bureaucrats. All making a litany of excuses and pointing the finger somewhere else instead of just saying ok folks, we fucked up, here's how we're gonna fix it.

Conspicuously absent are members of any sort of energy corporate board, power plant operators, private utility contractors, etc.
All the corporate people will say is, "we performed according to our contract", and it'll be fucking true.

Y'all got exactly the governance you voted for.

. . . and then there's you, who always votes for this to happen.

A beer dude I follow on Insta lives in Austin somewhere and has apparently been without power for two days now. Yay deregulation!

It's pretty hit and miss as far as who has power and who doesn't around here. They kind of peppered the place shutting down smaller areas then said oh shit there's still not enough to turn them back on.

. . . and then there's you, who always votes for this to happen.

??

There's countless agencies, commissions, and various bureaucracies with their fingers in the energy pie here. I don't vote for that sort of overlap, do-nothing, make-work sort of grossly inefficient and needlessly expensive stuff.
The f'n railroad commission hasn't had anything to do with railroads in forever but they're still here, with their hands all in the energy business, and are one of the most powerful state bureaucracies we have. Most people have no clue who sits on that commission or what they do.
The whole thing needs to be scrubbed clean and start over.

??

There's countless agencies, commissions, and various bureaucracies with their fingers in the energy pie here. I don't vote for that sort of overlap, do-nothing, make-work sort of grossly inefficient and needlessly expensive stuff.
The f'n railroad commission hasn't had anything to do with railroads in forever but they're still here, with their hands all in the energy business, and are one of the most powerful state bureaucracies we have. Most people have no clue who sits on that commission or what they do.
The whole thing needs to be scrubbed clean and start over.
I know that you won't understand this, but your ideology mainly serves corporations and the wealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.