Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just tried to sign up for a robinhood account, but it wont be live for 3-5 days for some reason. Probably a good thing

My son wants to learn the stock market so I’m researching learning opportunities and we are incorporating it into school next year. He’d seriously have been all over buying a couple stocks of GameStop a couple days ago and made a few hundred bucks. (And he has the cash to actually have done it). Maybe I shouldn’t teach him cause he’d obsess. 😂

My son wants to learn the stock market so I’m researching learning opportunities and we are incorporating it into school next year. He’d seriously have been all over buying a couple stocks of GameStop a couple days ago and made a few hundred bucks. (And he has the cash to actually have done it). Maybe I shouldn’t teach him cause he’d obsess. 😂
A good way to do it (and I think is recommended amongst beginners) is to start an excel sheet or similar and say "ok, on today I'd like to buy BLAH at $X per share" then track it for however long you plan on riding it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
wow I just read 5 pages of full Nerd Stock Talk.
why don't yall make a Nerd Stock Talk Thread?
This needs to happen. Gamestop closed at $140ish yesterday and is over $300 already on the german market this morning.

I am buying some shares when the NY stock exchange opens :nevx3: I am quite upset I didn't get them yesterday just before close but I thought it might dip down low first thing then climb again. Oh well.

This needs to happen. Gamestop closed at $140ish yesterday and is over $300 already on the german market this morning.

I am buying some shares when the NY stock exchange opens :nevx3: I am quite upset I didn't get them yesterday just before close but I thought it might dip down low first thing then climb again. Oh well.
Always hard to "know" - educated guesses are better than uneducated but still - it's business.

There's nothing imaginary about all the money the investment crew is making on here.
I finally convinced my wife to pull money from a American Fund that was paying "maybe" 6% annually. "BABY - that ain't even keeping up with inflation." Looking at my brokerage account blew her mind.
Do it. My parents never dabbled, in fact my dad was vehemently hateful of the stock market. I never thought of it until I was 31-32 and my boss(brother) opened an account for me, him and a favorite secretary and started us each with $2k. Which was a generous bonus in '91-ish. Ironically, HE hates the market NOW and won't even discuss it. Closed his account years ago after betting it all and. yeah, that. :( Dummy got greedy.
It will be a great learning experience for your son.

So Merrill software allowed me to shoot myself in the foot. I was given no warning while making a trade that I had to wait 2 days for my previous trade to clear even though it plainly said my stocks were cool. Because I was not warned of this, nor did the Merrill agent I signed up with in person at BOA impart this knowledge to me when I clearly was going to day trade, I've been flagged to the SEC and possibly prohibited from trading for 90 days. All because I signed up for the "free" trading account, not the ones where they could get their grubby little hands on my money. Unfuckingbelievable. That software is like throwing a bear trap in front of a blind man walking down the street. Dickheads.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
So Merrill software allowed me to shoot myself in the foot. I was given no warning while making a trade that I had to wait 2 days for my previous trade to clear even though it plainly said my stocks were cool. Because I was not warned of this, nor did the Merrill agent I signed up with in person at BOA impart this knowledge to me when I clearly was going to day trade, I've been flagged to the SEC and possibly prohibited from trading for 90 days. All because I signed up for the "free" trading account, not the ones where they could get their grubby little hands on my money. Unfuckingbelievable. That software is like throwing a bear trap in front of a blind man walking down the street. Dickheads.
I use vanguard and it will warn me before I agree to purchase a stock that I'm using unsettled funds

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
Been there - scrambled like fuck to find $$ to make it "right". Totally sucks.

GOOD MORNING UF!!

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain

omg not you too! THEY GOT NEMO TOOOO

ugh nerd

• Haha
Reactions: Josh
Status
Not open for further replies.