Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not a level 2 engineer

Apparently Amazon agrees but they did hire me for level I so I'm pretty happy about that right now. I was spamming out resumes and this one was a reach for sure but they bit. Lol

I have an email telling me I'm hired and how much I'm making. Just need an open seat.

Apparently Amazon agrees but they did hire me for level I so I'm pretty happy about that right now. I was spamming out resumes and this one was a reach for sure but they bit. Lol

I have an email telling me I'm hired and how much I'm making. Just need an open seat.
locally or do they want you to move up the new hub?

No, genuinely impressed you dick.
Hey, I'm just surprised you would be genuinely interested. It's funny, many people avoid the stock market like it's a pox. My dad hated it. We were quite poor growing up and I never even considered dabbled until I was in my 30s and someone mentored me a bit.
Sorry I was dick about it.

They have a bottom at $10. I just buy close to around that price. If there's no merger then I get back 10$ a share. My plan is sell most before merge anyways since most gets dump after mergers.
Cool. Not like I haven't bought a turd or better yet, bought like a blind man stabbing his finger at the stock listins and still came out ok. I once owned 19,000 shares of a brand spanking new oil refinery in El Paso Texas. Thought I was gonna be like Jed Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies) And then, and then. . . . they went bankrupt and I keep that POS in my account as a reminded of what NOT to do.

Cool - finally someone who actually works the stock market (as do I). I keep making recommendations that I have money in, these cats chuckle. I gave them FuelGas(if you don;t know about blue gas you should learn) - up 76% in like 5-6 weeks. I've held it for about 6-7 months?, up 264%. Tilray(world's largest weed company as of about 3 weeks ago) - 35% up in less than 2 weeks. They laughed at Applied Graphene MAterials, poor little penny stock. I made 110%+ in 3 weeks, then scooted out when the hype-wave was burning off. But went back and bought some more because I believe in them. I don't follow hype as much as my own research. I'm a poster-boy for STOP-LIMIT - everything gets a STOP-LIMIT if and when it shows any black, then the SL gets pushed up to keep following it. I'll give up 20% of my gains to preserve 80% of my gains. Because "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."
I'm Eddie.
Correction - FuelCell Energy.

@Dory - Applied Graphene MAterials is a British company, and your government has pumped millions of pounds of funding into them. Part of deal is, U.K. sits on coal deposits of a type that can make the best quality graphene. Germany has coal and a competitor there is making graphene - problem is, their raw material nets them a much lower quality graphene then the Brits and always will. And most USA deposits render real shit. Graphene batteries and solar panels will render the stuff people rave about here totally obsolete in about 4-5 years. I've put money on it ;) *Graphene is even helping in the fight against corona in high-end medical filtration.

Cool. Not like I haven't bought a turd or better yet, bought like a blind man stabbing his finger at the stock listins and still came out ok. I once owned 19,000 shares of a brand spanking new oil refinery in El Paso Texas. Thought I was gonna be like Jed Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies) And then, and then. . . . they went bankrupt and I keep that POS in my account as a reminded of what NOT to do.

heres my gameplan for SPACs. Target column are private companies that the SPACs are merging with. Definitive Agreement column is the date when the SPAC announced the company they want to merge with. do your DD on the company, look at the management team of the SPACs, if it looks good then buy and hold. sometimes prices will go up on rumor alone way before a definitive agreement.

usyaqwemsu861.png

LAZR was my first SPAC that I sold after merger. bought at ~$17 and sold most of my shares at $31. Its a lidar company
lazr.jpg

GOEV, electric vehicle company. Recent partnership with Hyundai. I'm currently a bagholder but I believe it will go up.
canoo.jpg

Heres 2 SPACs I own that are merging soon:

GHIV, merging with united wholesale mortgage. Bought in at ~$10-$13. Hoping it will go up to $20 or more before merger. Will sell since a comparable stock (RKT) is trading at $20
GHIV.jpg

OAC, I bought at $11. Will sell before the merger on the 19th. Its merging with Hims and Hers.
oac.jpg

NGA, merging with Lion Electric. Lion's has a partnership with Amazon, 500 trucks a year. I got in at $15 and might hold this one long.
NGA.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Hey, I'm just surprised you would be genuinely interested. It's funny, many people avoid the stock market like it's a pox. My dad hated it. We were quite poor growing up and I never even considered dabbled until I was in my 30s and someone mentored me a bit.
Sorry I was dick about it.
No problem. I've never thought about it, it's not a very British thing to do but you seem to do well with it. Sounds like a nice way to make some spending cash :)

heres my gameplan for SPACs. Target column are private companies that the SPACs are merging with. Definitive Agreement column is the date when the SPAC announced the company they want to merge with. do your DD on the company, look at the management team of the SPACs, if it looks good then buy and hold. sometimes prices will go up on rumor alone way before a definitive agreement.

View attachment 13177

LAZR was my first SPAC that I sold after merger. bought at ~$17 and sold most of my shares at $31. Its a lidar company
View attachment 13179

GOEV, electric vehicle company. Recent partnership with Hyundai. I'm currently a bagholder but I believe it will go up.
View attachment 13180

Heres 2 SPACs I own that are merging soon:

GHIV, merging with united wholesale mortgage. Bought in at ~$10-$13. Hoping it will go up to $20 or more before merger. Will sell since a comparable stock (RKT) is trading at $20
View attachment 13183

OAC, I bought at $11. Will sell before the merger on the 19th. Its merging with Hims and Hers.
View attachment 13185

NGA, merging with Lion Electric. Lion's has a partnership with Amazon, 500 trucks a year. I got in at $15 and might hold this one long.
View attachment 13187
Some of those look pretty good. But I still ain't drinking the Kool-Aid on mergers that should or could happen. I'd rather buy the day after the ink dries even if I have to buy at 30% over the day before the ink actually hit the paper.

No problem. I've never thought about it, it's not a very British thing to do but you seem to do well with it. Sounds like a nice way to make some spending cash :)
I think it's an extremely British thing to do, hell, GB damn near invented the stock market concept and banking, the Swiss have nothing on old-money Brits. I do believe it's not a work-class Brit thing just as it isn't a working-class American thing to do. e.g. Millions of American's spend $20-50/wk on lottery tickets, gamble on the slots, horses and sporting events. But they consider the stock market insane gambling and a game that only the rich can win. I think it's the only game an average fuck who's got a little extra cash CAN possibly win at. All that other shit it highly dependent on shear luck and the mathes is totally against you. Stock and other investments can be researched - then you hope for some luck on top of using your brain cells. You get a equal and proportionate share of the same lucrative return as the big boys - just belly up to the bar.

Spending cash - nah. If you have something that is paying a good return in dividends or just rising steadily in price(not the same thing) you don't want to spend it. After 9-11 we had an "anthrax in the mail" scare. A company called Cephid got the contract to sniff the mail for anthrax($660 million of free gov. funding!). They developed a "Smart Cycler" system that is now used by hospitals, government agencies, bomb squads,etc. I bought $13k when I was 40. Held until I was 55. Sold for $128k. Ok, I spent ALL of that on a few day shopping spree - 3 cars, wiped bills, new bass, new kiln, etc. That story is big part of why I'd suggest Applied Graphene Materials to you - they have a bunch of government backing. Which means a few rich guys and politicians are giving reacharounds which will probably get orgasmic in the future. You can get in on the fun.

I think a couple of us should put up a fantasy stock pick post in a thread and we see how we each did every so often. Mainly for giggles but also the hope of running victory laps on the other players. "WW is up 18%, MikeAwesome is close behind at 16%, shamwow comes out of left field and crushes them with a massive gain on one stock that pushes him to 30%. And the crowd goes wild!!"

I think it's an extremely British thing to do, hell, GB damn near invented the stock market concept and banking, the Swiss have nothing on old-money Brits. I do believe it's not a work-class Brit thing just as it isn't a working-class American thing to do. e.g. Millions of American's spend $20-50/wk on lottery tickets, gamble on the slots, horses and sporting events. But they consider the stock market insane gambling and a game that only the rich can win. I think it's the only game an average fuck who's got a little extra cash CAN possibly win at. All that other shit it highly dependent on shear luck and the mathes is totally against you. Stock and other investments can be researched - then you hope for some luck on top of using your brain cells. You get a equal and proportionate share of the same lucrative return as the big boys - just belly up to the bar.

Spending cash - nah. If you have something that is paying a good return in dividends or just rising steadily in price(not the same thing) you don't want to spend it. After 9-11 we had an "anthrax in the mail" scare. A company called Cephid got the contract to sniff the mail for anthrax($660 million of free gov. funding!). They developed a "Smart Cycler" system that is now used by hospitals, government agencies, bomb squads,etc. I bought $13k when I was 40. Held until I was 55. Sold for $128k. Ok, I spent ALL of that on a few day shopping spree - 3 cars, wiped bills, new bass, new kiln, etc. That story is big part of why I'd suggest Applied Graphene Materials to you - they have a bunch of government backing. Which means a few rich guys and politicians are giving reacharounds which will probably get orgasmic in the future. You can get in on the fun.

I think a couple of us should put up a fantasy stock pick post in a thread and we see how we each did every so often. Mainly for giggles but also the hope of running victory laps on the other players. "WW is up 18%, MikeAwesome is close behind at 16%, shamwow comes out of left field and crushes them with a massive gain on one stock that pushes him to 30%. And the crowd goes wild!!"

I might sell AMD(flat lately) and throw a few grand into the graphene thing. I've been reading for years how its supposed to be the next big thing.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.