Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy was shooting the scar after I shot a couple magazines. I was standing behind him at like 45 degree angle. Fuuuuuuck that was loud. Concussive force too. I had to be directly behind him to not have it that loud. I didn't notice that at all wile shooting it. Also the barrel got ridiculously hot after two magazines. Can was so hot after one magazine that I could see the heat waves through the scope.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
My buddy was shooting the scar after I shot a couple magazines. I was standing behind him at like 45 degree angle. Fuuuuuuck that was loud. Concussive force too. I had to be directly behind him to not have it that loud. I didn't notice that at all wile shooting it. Also the barrel got ridiculously hot after two magazines. Can was so hot after one magazine that I could see the heat waves through the scope.

Muzzle brakes do that. Makes it sound louder to bystanders as they direct some of the pressure, and thus sound, to the sides to make less recoil pushing back on the shooter.

I don't know much about all the different types of silencers there are, maybe some do something similar?

I can get away with using a CCI Quiet in my little .22 here in town just to take a raccoon off the chicken coop or something without the cops showing up. Still about like a nail gun or slapping a pair of 2x4's together but nobody expects it or realizes what it is on the first shot. Takes multiple shots to realize it's gunfire, so hit it the first time lol.
Opening a window and firing from inside the house helps contain enough sound to get away with a couple/few.

Everything else has to go to a real gun range.
Never owned a silencer.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Muzzle brakes do that. Makes it sound louder to bystanders as they direct some of the pressure, and thus sound, to the sides to make less recoil pushing back on the shooter.

I don't know much about all the different types of silencers there are, maybe some do something similar?

I can get away with using a CCI Quiet in my little .22 here in town just to take a raccoon off the chicken coop or something without the cops showing up. Still about like a nail gun or slapping a pair of 2x4's together but nobody expects it or realizes what it is on the first shot. Takes multiple shots to realize it's gunfire, so hit it the first time lol.
Opening a window and firing from inside the house helps contain enough sound to get away with a couple/few.

Never owned a silencer.
My friend joked that a muzzle brake is a good way to clear out the range because no one wants to be around you. :fly:

• Gravy

Never owned a silencer.
I have a few .22s and sufficient distance from neighbors but still, against township ordinance. So, Hi powered pellet gun for varmints. Gamo has a new one that's doing 1800 fps in .177, 1300 fps in .22. Which is right at the lower end of speed for a powder LR, faster than many shorts. With weights as high as 26.5 gr.! for excellent knock down. 😈

• Gravy
I have a few .22s and sufficient distance from neighbors but still, against township ordinance. So, Hi powered pellet gun for varmints. Gamo has a new one that's doing 1800 fps in .177, 1300 fps in .22. Which is right at the lower end of speed for a powder LR, faster than many shorts. With weights as high as 26.5 gr.! for excellent knock down. 😈

Those advertised velocities are taken with the lightest weight pellets available under perfect conditions. They're also louder than my .22 (supersonic).

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

That's really at the high end for an LR. Most are 1050-1250.
The Quiets are only 700, but with a real 40 grain bullet instead of a light pellet.

• Gravy
The more I read about how many billionaires that are out there doing little to give back, the more I understand our political climate.

That's really at the high end for an LR. Most are 1050-1250.
The Quiets are only 700, but with a real 40 grain bullet instead of a light pellet.
Agreed. Just sayin, they're a lot f'n stronger than they used to be.
I personally am using a 1200 fps Gamo. Pretty quiet, nice blend between cost and take down power. It put about half the .177s through 1/2 OSB at 30 yards. Wish it wasn't breach-break though. Let's go kill some billionaires. :p

• Gravy
No one person needs to be a billionaire. That's just ... retarded and seflish.

The flip side to that is everyone who wants to dictate how much someone else should have always sets the threshold higher than the amount they themselves have.

Is $999,999,999.99 OK but $1,000,000,000.01 is not?

Nobody needs magic doorbells and talking light switches either. Or a billion dollars.

Agreed. Just sayin, they're a lot f'n stronger than they used to be.
I personally am using a 1200 fps Gamo. Pretty quiet, nice blend between cost and take down power. It put about half the .177s through 1/2 OSB at 30 yards. Wish it wasn't breach-break though. Let's go kill some billionaires. :p

Ya some of the airguns now are pretty dang impressive. Also more expensive than what I already have that works well.

Advantage is they don't legally count as firearms. Theoretically I could build a .50 cal. charged off my air compressor that could punch through a moose and it wouldn't fall under as many regulations and local ordinances as my little .22 does.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.