Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting read

"Unfortunately, the shift manager’s eye was not as good as he thought it was. The bolts he grabbed were actually A211-8C bolts, which were the correct length but were 0.066cm too narrow."

Fuckin' engineers, man. So many bolts you can't visually tell apart.

"Unfortunately, the shift manager’s eye was not as good as he thought it was. The bolts he grabbed were actually A211-8C bolts, which were the correct length but were 0.066cm too narrow."

Fuckin' engineers, man. So many bolts you can't visually tell apart.
Friggin metric system. Increments are too small . . .:p

I fell into a YouTube rabbit hole one day watching animated plane mishaps, and that was one of them.

I think most of the videos were created using flight simulator software, because they were cool AF.

long rant/

last tonight we found out our best friends were having dinner at the exact same restaurant that we were. they were celebrating their anniversary.
they INVITED us to their table (we didn’t wanna interrupt their evening but they insisted )

we had a great night, we laughed and had fun and had drinks.. GOOD TIMES

they went out to smoke (ew) and while they were gone we decided to grab the bill for them. We appreciate everything they do for us and for our group of friends and thought it was a nice gesture as a gift . So we paid the $700+ dinner bill.

when our friends realized this at the end of the night when they wanted to settle up ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!
the husband FREAKED OUT and called us a bunch of names.. it got so ugly.
we were trying to explain how we we’re just grateful to them and wanted to treat them to dinner.. we were super baffled .

but the husband was going on and on: wtf do you need to come in here and pay for me and my wife trying to be the hero?!?! why didn’t you ask me first? who do you think you are

again.. we just sitting there completely baffled.
even his wife was like “stop you’re over reacting” blah blah blah
mind you, we are all like 5 bottles of wine and 4 shots (each) in, but still..still super baffled .

So CEO decides to call our uber so we can just leave this messy ass situation. CEO walks out first and this friend of ours starts drunk yelling across the restaurant YEA LEAVE! WALK OUT THE DOOR PRIMA DONNNAAAAA
I’m still there grabbing my stuff and telling him: dude there was no need for this reaction, we were just treating you, but he wouldn’t have it and called me names too ..

would any of y’all be angry that a close friend covered one of your bills on a special occasion?

like we’ve grabbed the bill before so i guess this hurt his ego?

we sent him the bill (his half) and our account number for the transfer since he insisted, he the. wrote us: never contact us again

lol

this is a 20yr friendship too.. shoulda kept the 700 to ourselves and got me some botox

That's weird as shit. I personally dont care if someone covers my bill, but I keep track of it in the back of my head to ensure I can pay them back. Maybe something similar was going on here?

we sometimes take turns i guess.
like dude snapped out of nowhere and was soooo over the top.
like the shit he was spewing had no merit
we were like uh ok, sorry we crossed the line, didn’t mean to upset you etc
and he was just freaking out.
the night til that point was perfect with laughs then BAM..

this has 10000% damaged our friendship
like i have to stand behind CEO with this cuz he did nothing wrong and did everything to try and diffuse the situation.. very odd

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
long rant/

last tonight we found out our best friends were having dinner at the exact same restaurant that we were. they were celebrating their anniversary.
they INVITED us to their table (we didn’t wanna interrupt their evening but they insisted )

we had a great night, we laughed and had fun and had drinks.. GOOD TIMES

they went out to smoke (ew) and while they were gone we decided to grab the bill for them. We appreciate everything they do for us and for our group of friends and thought it was a nice gesture as a gift . So we paid the $700+ dinner bill.

when our friends realized this at the end of the night when they wanted to settle up ALL HELL BROKE LOSE!
the husband FREAKED OUT and called us a bunch of names.. it got so ugly.
we were trying to explain how we we’re just grateful to them and wanted to treat them to dinner.. we were super baffled .

but the husband was going on and on: wtf do you need to come in here and pay for me and my wife trying to be the hero?!?! why didn’t you ask me first? who do you think you are

again.. we just sitting there completely baffled.
even his wife was like “stop you’re over reacting” blah blah blah
mind you, we are all like 5 bottles of wine and 4 shots (each) in, but still..still super baffled .

So CEO decides to call our uber so we can just leave this messy ass situation. CEO walks out first and this friend of ours starts drunk yelling across the restaurant YEA LEAVE! WALK OUT THE DOOR PRIMA DONNNAAAAA
I’m still there grabbing my stuff and telling him: dude there was no need for this reaction, we were just treating you, but he wouldn’t have it and called me names too ..

would any of y’all be angry that a close friend covered one of your bills on a special occasion?

like we’ve grabbed the bill before so i guess this hurt his ego?

we sent him the bill (his half) and our account number for the transfer since he insisted, he the. wrote us: never contact us again

lol

this is a 20yr friendship too.. shoulda kept the 700 to ourselves and got me some botox
Eesh, sounds like that dude has some self-esteem issues.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Running up a $700+ dinner tab sounds like he was trying to act like a big shot and impress people by throwing money around and y'all cut his ego off at the knees. All that alcohol magnified the whole thing.

I can see where sneaking it in without even offering first could be seen as some kind of slight or intrusion or something but I wouldn't scream and cuss in the middle of the restaurant over it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Running up a $700+ dinner tab sounds like he was trying to act like a big shot and impress people by throwing money around and y'all cut his ego off at the knees. All that alcohol magnified the whole thing.
well he technically didn’t run a 700 bill, that was the entire bill for all 4 of us. so it was like 350 each had we split the bill which is not a big deal.

well he technically didn’t run a 700 bill, that was the entire bill for all 4 of us. so it was like 350 each had we split the bill which is not a big deal.

That sounds more in line with the multiple bottles of wine and cocktails. Was under the impression the $700 was for just the 2 of them.

Yeah, from what you said that deserves a phone call at a minimum, not a text.
at the very least.
CEO is very generous and this is not out the norm. what pissed me off more was how kind ceo was being and explaining himself and even did a small speech for their anniversary thanking them for being such good friends and this jerk just freaked out and belittled ceo and threw his kindness in his face.

i’m so heated by that.

at the very least.
CEO is very generous and this is not out the norm. what pissed me off more was how kind ceo was being and explaining himself and even did a small speech for their anniversary thanking them for being such good friends and this jerk just freaked out and belittled ceo and threw his kindness in his face.

i’m so heated by that.
You can come out to dinner with us an pay and we won’t yell at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.