Ontopic All Hail April, Past And Present Gravy Queen!

Re: did Basstalk247 shut down it's forums?
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 am

So, maybe this is the appropriate place to put all of this out there. May as well be public. It's a long story, but it should be out somewhere, even if just to serve as a warning to others.

It was one of the most epic rage quits, but, it's actually a story of a rapid succession of rage quits. It's he story of a bunch of man-children and a very sick man that needs professional help from the mental health community. I hope Ed gets some help and medication before he eats a gun or something like that. So, everything that follows is taken from an aggregation of first hand knowledge and experiences from bt247 members and mods. This is not hearsay, it's not musings, it's not the BS that some are peddling right now, it's what actually happened.

So, let's start from the very very beginning. About two years ago, there was a group on TB that would derail threads and basically had lots of fun in the OT section. Their two de-facto leaders were Edpal (Ed) and nukes_da_bass (Nukes). Most of them got banned or rage quit TB in protest of the bannings. We are talking about a group of about 15 individuals, more or less.

Anyway, Ed started basstalk247.com. For a while, they were happy. But, what happens when you put a bunch of man-children agitators in one spot with nobody for them to pick on? Well they eventually turn on each other. At some point in time, nukes and Ed started having a falling out.

In the meantime, the breeder thread ran into some unfortunate situations at TB and some of us decided we needed a small timeout from TB. None of us rage quit TB or got banned, we still hung around there a bit. BUT, we went over to basstalk247 and started hanging around there. Ed was very happy to have us around. His site had grown stale and, well, the breeders produced like thousands and thousands of PAGES of content, so, probably 30+K posts of content in like half a year of residence.

This caused a lot of original basstalk247 members to feel left out. A lot of them had been the stars of hat little world. The big men on campus, sort of speak. A few related well with the breeders and welcomed us since we were actually generating actual bass content as opposed to what had ben 90% off topic posts until we arrived. This new influx of users also caused the growing conflict between Ed and Nukes to escalate.

Now, the very unfortunate thing is that we had no clue what was happening behind the scenes when we moved over to bt247. I had actually lurked before there and joined up before the breeders ever moved over. We had developed a nice tiny island in the effects section, it seemed like everything was going well.

So, Mosfed, DirtyDuke, and I also began starting a small pedal distribution endeavour on the side. I'm not even going to name it here because I am not posting this to advertise ourselves, but it is relevant to this story. Ed offered to create the website for us. We agreed (and paid him, paid him in full, paid him a LOT). At some point, Ed had his first meltdown, in private with us. He somehow started fixating on Mosfed as some sort of evil guy out to get us all. He said we were all slow in getting our company started and letting him build the website. Well, all three of us own businesses, we all have families, we all have a lot of stuff going on in our lives. Our little endeavour is a side thing purely for fun and, yes, we will sit on 60 pedals and not sell them if we have a bunch of professional stuff going on.

But, anyway, Ed totally flipped, we had to talk him down, explain to him that Mosfed is not an evil guy out to get anyone. At this point, it became clear that Ed was somewhat unstable. I am not a psychiatrist, but, if I had to guess, I'd say that Ed is at best bipolar, at worst, some kind of semi-functionnal schizophrenic.

The second shoe to drop was the mods. When BT247 was founded, they hated the TB mod system and accused a lot of mods of having become power hungry. So, they put it in their rules that mods could only have a 12 month term. After that, elections for mods would be held. Since the breeders had moved over and there had been a couple of instances of anti-effects trolling, some breeders were nominated and got elected as mods. I can tell you that this went over very badly with the original bt247 crew. Nukes went as far as suggesting that only original bt people should be considered as mods for the second year, he even sought to extend the original mod terms (he was a mod himself, I think we can all see where this is going...)

Anyway, we were able to talk him down, and all seemed semi normal. But, then, his conflict with Nukes became public and reached a peak. There were quite a few conflicts between new mods that were just trying to keep the peace and some original people. Nukes was banned, and a lot of people left with Nukes in protest. Nukes started a new forum called FratBoiKlownz (FBK). (NO I am not making this up). That forum was going to have no rules and let all the original bt247 members participate without Ed's rules or censorship.

So, what happened? Well, FBK became this ugly place filled with racist/sexist/homophobic posts. They basically were either pure shitposting, brigading harassment, telling members to commit suicide, or shitalking about Ed. Really, basically targeting Ed, this mentally unstable guy, day in and day out. Also, on FBK, if you post the letters BT, it automatically gets replaced with "Dirty Sanchez". That's the level of childish behaviour there. It got to a point where most of the OG folks stopped posting on FBK and some even rage quit FBK.

Anyway, some of the more rational original bt247 crew approached some of the OG guys, some of us new breeder guys, some of the mods, and started a PM thread to try to find a solution to all of this. We came up with this idea of trying to talk Ed and Nukes down and broker some sort of amnesty deal. Ed had a moment of sanity and invited nukes back. Nukes came back and just shit posted, advertised FBK, went after Ed again.

Anyway, at this point, the mods, myself, and a bunch of others have been trying to keep Ed sane and basically comforting him. This takes us to about two weeks ago. At this point Ed is publicly and privately having crazy mood swings. The mods are doing their best to keep the crap together. A lot of people have been privately trying to support Ed.

Now, this week, Mosfed actually went on FBK and told Nukes he was being a childish asshole. Somehow, Ed took that as a betrayal????!?!?!??!?!?!? So, Ed totally lost it on Tuesday night. He accused Mosfed, yet again, of backstabbing him. He locked out all the mods. Started posting insane ramblings. Making crazy accusations about Mosfed, Duke, and many many others. Then he said he would close the site within 24 hours, but decided to close it early after Duke just called him on his insanity.

So, here we are, Ed had a complete mental breakdown and rage quit his own site. Nukes says he had no part in it, that he never went after Ed in an any way. The FBK guys all say the same. And, wait for it, the FBK guys are starting a new bass site.

That's what happened guy, the slow absolute mental breakdown of a man precipitated by men in their 40s, 50s, and 60s acting like little brats. My biggest disappointment in all of this? The fact that Ed fixated on Mosfed and somehow made him the incarnation of his own mental demons and his conflict with his once friend Nukes. I understand that it comes from an ugly insane irrational place and might be beyond Ed's control. But, one day, after he gets the help and medication he needs, I hope he'll publicly acknowledge that it was very wrong to do that.

I also hope that Nukes and the FBK crew one day realizes the part they played in basically destroying the little sanity that an unstable man had left.

I have shared most of this privately with a lot of folks. Honestly, a lot of this is not news to a lot of people, but I feel like it might as well be out there. Sorry for the long drawn out post, but somebody had to put it out there I think.

So, from what I can gather is that "nukes" has massive anger and insecurity issues, blames everyone for it but himself, while labeling people who call his bullshit out as "toxic", and had to whine about it on another forum.

See, no need to register to read another forum.
I read almost all of it without registering before they brought the hammer down

• Gravy
Reactions: adi