Alive and kicking

I went to do a few workouts at a martial arts gym and the instructor was exactly like Rex Kwon Do from Napolean Dynamite, but was scarier. He was Phillipeno kickboxing champion (not hard seeing as he was like 6'8") and learned from some people Bruce Lee taught. Scared the shit outta me. He was demonstrated some kind of asian 'monkey climbing' technique or something and within 5 seconds showed us how many times he could break this girls neck. :eek:

Plus I went once a week and was still sore by the next week when I went again. It was 60 minutes of kicking continuously followed by 30 press ups, 30 sit ups, following by punching all the time then more sit ups then some training with punch bags and pads with some scary looking well hard people.

I went to do a few workouts at a martial arts gym and the instructor was exactly like Rex Kwon Do from Napolean Dynamite, but was scarier. He was Phillipeno kickboxing champion (not hard seeing as he was like 6'8") and learned from some people Bruce Lee taught. Scared the shit outta me. He was demonstrated some kind of asian 'monkey climbing' technique or something and within 5 seconds showed us how many times he could break this girls neck. :eek:

Plus I went once a week and was still sore by the next week when I went again. It was 60 minutes of kicking continuously followed by 30 press ups, 30 sit ups, following by punching all the time then more sit ups then some training with punch bags and pads with some scary looking well hard people.

I'M MASTURBATING THINKING ABOUT THIS

sambo ftw

sambo.jpg

?

I would love to get into a beginner martial arts class. How hard is it to find a good one typically?

I'm looking to learn new skills and a cardio workout.

I would love to get into a beginner martial arts class. How hard is it to find a good one typically?

I'm looking to learn new skills and a cardio workout.

*shrugs, that's entirely dependent on what you want to do and what your budget is.

Some martial arts are a lot more high energy than others, but finding a nearby teacher who won't kill your wallet might be a challenge. You could walk into the nearby belt factory and probably learn a few things and get a reasonably good work out as well if that's all you're looking for.

I personally can't stand those places, especially in a class with more than 5 members, but that doesn't mean that they're entirely worthless.