Food ALERT: watch your toys, ladies

Knowing this stuff is my job. I'm a research engineer at a place that builds ultrasonic tags for fish tracking. Everything is coated or potted in some form of plastic or resin - the material can't harm the fish that's being tagged, or harm the people on the production line who put them together. And the stuff can't take too long to cure or outgas, and it needs to have good electric/acoustic/water absorption properties... trying to get my head around all of these things at the same time is part of my job.

I'm secretly a dumbass though, I'm one of the most scatterbrained/oblivious people you'll ever meet. I'll drive to a store to pick up something important, and forget what it is the moment I walk in the door. Then walk around the store until I remember what it was, then get distracted by something else I see and forget it again.

Fuck you. I want my clock case. ;)

Seriously though, get 'er done (as soon as you heal up) and post some pictures. We'll make millions of small fractions of dollars together.
Sounds pretty cool actually. Banking software is ridiculous boring stuff. The users fear change and it has to work 100% of the time. The only really nice part is all the random holidays.

Thank god that happens to other people too. My wife is always giving me a hard time because I will run out for 2 things and come back with a dozen things; none of which are what I went for in the first place. I love when simple tasks take 3x as long and cost 4x as much

Sounds pretty cool actually. Banking software is ridiculous boring stuff. The users fear change and it has to work 100% of the time. The only really nice part is all the random holidays.

Thank god that happens to other people too. My wife is always giving me a hard time because I will run out for 2 things and come back with a dozen things; none of which are what I went for in the first place. I love when simple tasks take 3x as long and cost 4x as much
Be glad you're designing software that "has to work", working for a company that appreciates quality of work, secure code, etc. is a great thing. Could be much worse - you could be programming for EA...

Be glad you're designing software that "has to work", working for a company that appreciates quality of work, secure code, etc. is a great thing. Could be much worse - you could be programming for EA...
I'm not designing persay, we take a base package from a vendor and I customize it for us. Being mission critical is a double edged sword though. Would be nice sometimes to not be front counter, especially when shit breaks.

Don't do RF anymore (that was my last job, spent 8 years designing AM/FM/etc radio transmitters) but I know a bit about it.

I think I remember pics from then of you driving to radio towers in the tundra in a pickup?

Can't remember that, but maybe - I've been to several radio sites, either professionally or doing ham radio work.