Alec Baldwin tells his daughter how he really feels

Its not ok to threaten your kids, its just not.

So should I stop saying things like:

"Put that down or I'll pistol-whip you"

"Turn that TV down before I shoot it"

"Tell that neighbor-kid-friend of yours that if I see him walking across my lawn again I'll bust some straight gangsta caps at him"

???

There is a big difference between "I'm going to fly down to let you know how disappointed I am with you" and "I'm going to fly down there to kick your ass" Sorry, again it sounds like typical parental banter.

you have to give love to get love and if this is typical of how he handles situations concerning her, it's no wonder she isn't answering the phone

"Tell that neighbor-kid-friend of yours that if I see him walking across my lawn again I'll bust some straight gangsta caps at him"

???

Its ok you're short you have to overcompensate.

PS. Kiwi can come to live with me and ape should you go insane.

There is a big difference between "I'm going to fly down to let you know how disappointed I am with you" and "I'm going to fly down there to kick your ass" Sorry, again it sounds like typical parental banter.

Yeah, plus one could send you to jail if it were recorded or could be attested to by a reliable witness.

there is a vast difference between discipline and verbally berating your kid...this is clearly the latter

he might as well have said she was stupid and ugly too
funny still sounds like discipline to me. " i'm going to fly down there and explain excatly how you have embarressed me and disapointed me and then fly back home." not "I'm going to come down there and smack the shit outta you."

my parents divorced when I was three...I'm very glad my mother never spoke poorly of my dad which would have been very easy to do especially considering I never met him until I was 16...that was her doing though, not his

Mine divorced early as well and frankly I didn't realize till I was 13 what a bitch my mom was and how calm my dad was about the whole thing. yet my mom has said just as much to me and I have turned out ok. only once has my dad had to discipline me and a sharp rap on the noggin set me back on the respectful path.

Last edited:
you have to give love to get love and if this is typical of how he handles situations concerning her, it's no wonder she isn't answering the phone

Which I agree with entirely. However, a home should be a place of discipline. When my 3 year old mouths off to her mother she is sternly told to apologize immediately. If she refuses she goes to her room with the door closed for 5 minutes. When she gets older bad behavior will be responded to with a hard smack to the butt AND time out.

These parents who produce terrible kids are most commonly the ones who for some idiotic reason adopted the "hands off, kinder, gentler" parenting policy. A policy which is not recognized or spoken of in my house.

(most of that wasn't related to the Baldwin topic at hand, but yeah)

Which I agree with entirely. However, a home should be a place of discipline. When my 3 year old mouths off to her mother she is sternly told to apologize immediately. If she refuses she goes to her room with the door closed for 5 minutes. When she gets older bad behavior will be responded to with a hard smack to the butt AND time out.

These parents who produce terrible kids are most commonly the ones who for some idiotic reason adopted the "hands off, kinder, gentler" parenting policy. A policy which is not recognized or spoken of in my house.

(most of that wasn't related to the Baldwin topic at hand, but yeah)

discipline is fine and believe me, my kids will respect me and their mother(whoever that will be :lol:) and act accordingly...calling your kid a rude little pig is just straight fucked up though

Last edited:
funny still sounds like discipline to me. " i'm going to fly down there and explain excatly how you have embarressed me and disapointed me and then fly back home." not "I'm going to come down there and smack the shit outta you."

Mine divorced early as well and frankly I didn't realize till I was 13 what a bitch my mom was and how calm my dad was about the whole thing. yet my mom has said just as much to me and I have turned out ok. only once has my dad had to discipline me and a sharp rap on the noggin set me back on the respectful path.

he called her a rude thoughtless pig...there's no excuse for that...it's not discipline

which is worse rude thoughtless pig or stuckup spoiled bitch?

Yar ye be seeing the words of curse and clearly ye be clasping the wee one to thine breast and apron strings too closely.

Or perhaps one should act like an adult instead of a child and not call an 11 year old either of those things.

No really its possible.

If she's all that, you can only blame the parents for letting her become that way. He's just reaping what so many parents have sown.

???

I would watch your words closely you might greatly offend one of us people who choses not to have children :p