Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

Issue they're trying to get rid of here among others is brew pubs can't sell growlers. Or anything direct I believe. Has to go through distribution. Brewers can't sell either. If you take the Sweetwater tour you pay $10 for a souvenir glass and the beer is free.

Issue they're trying to get rid of here among others is brew pubs can't sell growlers. Or anything direct I believe. Has to go through distribution. Brewers can't sell either. If you take the Sweetwater tour you pay $10 for a souvenir glass and the beer is free.

That's so stupid.

Colorado practically fellates their micro brewers. There isn't a thing they can't do that anyone else in the booze business can't do either. As it should be. You would think Coors would be against it, but quite the contrary. Add that to the excellent western slope vintners, and that state is built for boozing.

As long as you don't need to buy on Sunday, that is.

Yeah, that's a law here as well.
They also mentioned that distributors have to do literally all distribution.

The brewer doing the tour at K&C said that if they ran out of a wine at the main store on the grounds that a distributor had to bring a case up front, they could not go get one from the warehouse on their own property.

That is fucking stupid.

@fly there was no Celebration left. Didn't see Moohoo either. They had something new called Wake N Bake though. Don't know if you've gotten that down there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@fly there was no Celebration left. Didn't see Moohoo either. They had something new called Wake N Bake though. Don't know if you've gotten that down there yet.

It was reunion 2012... Terrapin right? Or is mah memory escaping me again. Nice of you to look. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I think we've seen it. An IPA, right?

edit: Nope, its a stout. And no I haven't. :(

hvnVTRN.png

Last edited:
Ugh. Tequila is awful in every way. It smells awful, it tastes awful, and every time I drink it I get myself in trouble. I'll stick to the brown stuff.

I've had a ton of different tequila's - and not just the shitty stuff. My roommate LOVED it, so he always had some good shit laying around. I cannot stand the smell. its terrible.