Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

Just picked up another handle of rum and 3 12 packs of ginger ale cans to stock the bar. Also got a few bottles of Spanish Albarino. Probably the most delicious white wine I've ever had. It was like $2 a bottle in Spain but at least $12 here. Soooo good.

Never found a use for white wine other than cooking, personally.

I've got the bar stocked for whatever fruity stuff @AppleTurkey likes, and good margs, but for the most part, I prefer to just have scotch and bourbon.

I've been drinking tons of handles of Jameson. Paddies, and Tullamore Dew for like 20 years. I think I had some sort of tastebud/palate change recently because it's tasting really sweet to me now. Ugh.

Me and the wife drink A LOT of white wine. She can't drink vodka or tequila because it makes her insane. Hah.

So for my birthday, @APRIL got me Beer Advocate's Extreme Beer Fest (Virtual). Came with 11 beers, specifically brewed for the fest. They had a live 30 minute Zoom with each of the brewers and a Q&A session (5 beers the first day, and 6 the second). The beers were crazy sounding, but I assumed the virtual shit would be a snorefest.

OMG it was awesome. The brewers were super fucking interesting, and the co-host Sam Calagione (founder of Dogfish Head) was fucking fantastic and full of great energy. Highly recommend.

So for my birthday, @APRIL got me Beer Advocate's Extreme Beer Fest (Virtual). Came with 11 beers, specifically brewed for the fest. They had a live 30 minute Zoom with each of the brewers and a Q&A session (5 beers the first day, and 6 the second). The beers were crazy sounding, but I assumed the virtual shit would be a snorefest.

OMG it was awesome. The brewers were super fucking interesting, and the co-host Sam Calagione (founder of Dogfish Head) was fucking fantastic and full of great energy. Highly recommend.

Sounds awesome. Having some vino to honor the occasion.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly