Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

We do. But often recipes call for table salt, mostly because of its uniformity.

Whole lot of recipes call for kosher salt because it doesn't have the additives. Anti-caking stuff at least, not sure about iodine.

My grandpa used to put a sprinkle of salt in his beer. Most likely common Morton's table salt.

/Booze thread.

When I was about 12, my dad and I would shoot hoops in the driveway then follow it up with a beer. He’d pour them into glasses, then add a sprinkle of salt to each.

I’m almost positive that contributed to me being such a good alcoholic. Nah. I don’t care.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
i stay stocked up on johnnie walker black from november to march. i get a craving for it when i'm outside on a cold day.

just walked home from the movie theatre in a nice bit of winter air, so a neat glass of black label it is.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Why have table salt with it's additives?
Because the sea is kind of dirty these days and frequently has more shit in it than the table salt which is typically mined. And no iodine - most people of your generation have never seen a goiter, the most common side effect of insufficient iodine. Gross AF. Iodine deficiencies cause chronic fatigue and developmental delays in children because your thyroid gland gets fucked. Been dragging ass? - get some iodine, stat.
The anti-caking additive is just calcium and silicon. SIlicon is the eighth most common element in the universe - you'd die and your body would literally disintegrate without it.
1578747485368.png

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant