Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Spent the weekend in the Peak District ( Derbyshire National Park). Had a few Peak Ales. I do hope that doesn't mean it's running out.

I think you should set up your own microbrewery just in case.

By the by considering how many apples are currently at the allotment we should seriously considering making some cider, perhaps store it in your garage? Where can we get an apple press from?

Of course you can do 90% of the work, and considering my love of cider I can do 90% of the taste testing to make sure it's up to scratch.

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
My favorite neighborhood bar upgraded their well vodka to Luskosowa or however it's spelled. Nice for well. Will not be replacing my beloved Stoli though.

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Also I only have one demi-jon, where can we get more? Would it be a case of you buying me lots of demi-jons of scrumpy for me to drink and reuse the bottle?

I kid, I kid, I'd have to share the scrumpy.

DJBrenton

In Her Majesty's Secret Cervix
Feb 10, 2010
Robin Hoodland
You're not putting them in a barrel and mushing them with a stick if that's what you mean.

And yes it is a good idea. Maybe go down this weekend and collect a boot full of apples?

That's exactly what I mean, but unlike my Irish friend, I'll use an un-creosoted pole.

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
That's exactly what I mean, but unlike my Irish friend, I'll use an un-creosoted pole.

Okay well I suppose we could do it that way, but I doubt it's very efficient. And really you want to store it in jars for a few weeks to take the alcohol levels etc instead of just leaving it to ferment. But what do I know, you're the southerner.

DJBrenton

In Her Majesty's Secret Cervix
Feb 10, 2010
Robin Hoodland