Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

@fly or @Valve1138 do you have a brand of brew bags your prefer if you use em? Tired of falling apart cheesecloth for filtering varying things and it seems the way to go is nylon or hemp brew bags at either 80 or 200 micron.

If anyone has the chance, try prickly pear spirit (really moonshine by definition). It is quite lovely, like a lightly aged mezcal with a jalapeño soaked in it for a minute or two.

also elderflower liquor served over crushed ice topped with sparkling water with a splash of lime is otherworldly.

• Love
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
If anyone has the chance, try prickly pear spirit (really moonshine by definition). It is quite lovely, like a lightly aged mezcal with a jalapeño soaked in it for a minute or two.

also elderflower liquor served over crushed ice topped with sparkling water with a splash of lime is otherworldly.
Those both sound AMAZING to me. Elderberries have been part of my life since a child, harvested about 2 gallons worth a month ago from the wild, we make jelly and syrup to put on pancakes or put in beer. My mom would make elderb syrup and put in sparkling water. hmm, maybe she gave US syrup and she was drinking on the sly?
Damn, prickly pear must be really subtle, I'll look for that. Any idea where it was produced?

• Gravy
Reactions: dbzeag
Those both sound AMAZING to me. Elderberries have been part of my life since a child, harvested about 2 gallons worth a month ago from the wild, we make jelly and syrup to put on pancakes or put in beer. My mom would make elderb syrup and put in sparkling water. hmm, maybe she gave US syrup and she was drinking on the sly?
Damn, prickly pear must be really subtle, I'll look for that. Any idea where it was produced?
Hill Country Distillery in Texas

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Why? Let that shit flow.

Nah, it was about pumpkin beer. That shit is offensive to alcoholics. And a true alcoholic by definition will drink anything to get fucked up, including but not limited to vanilla extract and NyQuil.

You drank a really shitty beer? That place really does suck. But draft is slightly impressive..

I haven’t had alcohol since Feb 2005, not gonna start now. But I HAVE considered why not? I figured if I was desperate enough for healthcare, I could do something that would get my me jailed for a long time on their dime and spend the rest of my days in a hospital ward in a prison. Luckily for me, I made the right choice and just got sicker instead and Medicaid came through.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Pumpkin Spice Beer is a fucking abomination of our nation. If I could get a boner and had the wind in my lungs, I’d fuck a pumpkin and send it to “someone” to make beer from, and they could name it something like Useless Pumpkin Jizz Abomination Nation Brew.

The head on that pint would be gross.

Pumpkin Spice Beer is a fucking abomination of our nation. If I could get a boner and had the wind in my lungs, I’d fuck a pumpkin and send it to “someone” to make beer from, and they could name it something like Useless Pumpkin Jizz Abomination Nation Brew.

fly would accept that pumpkin, and call the beer something grosser than that.

• Love
Reactions: fly

PUMPKIN BEER IS AWESOME

I will send you a bottle of our 2021 Dick or Treat.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Not a fan of pumpkin spiced beer
maybe if its subtle or something, but most of the time its way overbearing and shitty
Like most things, I like the pumpkin to hit me right in the face. Southern Tier's PumpKing is a favorite. New Belgium's Atomic Pumpkin is a bit more subdued, but with a spicy heat added.

I'm somewhere between you and Mustard - sheer hate or just

:jvag:.
I like pumpkin in almost anything. Just not booze or coffee.