Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

I’ve been binge watching Grimm. I see stuff all the time I immediately recognize and I saw the homey bar I used to hit every day at 4:05 pm in one episode. I had them trained. When I’d arrive, there would be a beer and a shot sitting where I always sat at the bar. The shot would disappear immediately and a second would takes its place, already poured.

Liquor laws are weird.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
On wine bottle 3 of 4 on a school night. What a hoot. Not gonna drink the 4th.

Oh sweet, sweet valium carry me home. My work day tomorrow consists of low key bagging hundreds of condoms into envelopes, making food parcels and being a diplomatic between warring drama queen staff people. Wine was so needed. Whoop!

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
On wine bottle 3 of 4 on a school night. What a hoot. Not gonna drink the 4th.

Oh sweet, sweet valium carry me home. My work day tomorrow consists of low key bagging hundreds of condoms into envelopes, making food parcels and being a diplomatic between warring drama queen staff people. Wine was so needed. Whoop!

You should dry out for two weeks.

You're one bender from pissing in a wine bottle.

By any chance, would switching to something (like gin) with a higher alcohol content be a healthier alternative to so much wine?
Serious question, not trying to be a smart ass. (Not that I have to try)

By any chance, would switching to something (like gin) with a higher alcohol content be a healthier alternative to so much wine?
Serious question, not trying to be a smart ass. (Not that I have to try)
Isn't red wine good for the ol' ticker?

It might be that whatever prodigious consumption you've got going is the only thing keeping the threads of your mortality intact.

Isn't red wine good for the ol' ticker?

It might be that whatever prodigious consumption you've got going is the only thing keeping the threads of your mortality intact.

Am I translating that properly?

It might be that constant drinking takes your mind off the fact you’ve got nothing better going on.

That’s how I used to think when I was up to my teets in alcoholism, but I still knew I was really good looking.

Am I translating that properly?

It might be that constant drinking takes your mind off the fact you’ve got nothing better going on.

That’s how I used to think when I was up to my teets in alcoholism, but I still knew I was really good looking.
No, you translated that one very wrong.

I was saying that because red wine is good for your heart, it might be that if you stopped drinking it in favor of rotgut hobo piss (gin), you could die.

No, you translated that one very wrong.

I was saying that because red wine is good for your heart, it might be that if you stopped drinking it in favor of rotgut hobo piss (gin), you could die.

Thank you.

I don’t dare either way at this point. Dory claims to be in her 30s so I figured she should be a healthier drunk.