Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

@Mustard Dispenser

I just had to update my info with Makers Mark. After logging in, I see that my barrel might be ready next year. Then @APRIL notices a familiar name right above mine.

2018-06-26.png

Last edited:
@Mustard Dispenser

I just had to update my info with Makers Mark. After logging in, I see that my barrel might be ready next year. Then @APRIL notices a familiar name right above mine.

2018-06-26.png

Id forgotten about that until I was cleaning out some stuff last week and found the certificate :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know any way to safely and easily raise the proof of alcohol?

Made a batch of limoncello and it tastes correct, but the best way to serve it is to throw it in the freezer till it becomes syrupy. Apparently I didn't get the level of the alcohol and simple syrup balanced as it tries to freeze over overnight.

I could drink some of it down and add vodka but I dont want to throw off the taste too much.

Made a batch of limoncello and it tastes correct, but the best way to serve it is to throw it in the freezer till it becomes syrupy. Apparently I didn't get the level of the alcohol and simple syrup balanced as it tries to freeze over overnight.

I could drink some of it down and add vodka but I dont want to throw off the taste too much.
You've actually already done it by accident. The stuff that freezes is the water, pull off the layer of ice as it starts to freeze and what's left over will be higher proof. Only the water will freeze

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

@poptartdaddy makes some for us all the time, and it's delicious. It freezes, but *very* quickly unfreezes after you pull the bottle out for a couple of minutes. You can do what @Domon says, but you'll also pull out some of the flavor. I'd go the other way and just add a bit more neutral spirits and/or sugar. Both will reduce the likelihood of it freezing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I was looking at a bottle of everclear when I was doing my duty-free alcohol purchases heading back to NS from CA.

Decided it was a bad idea.