Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

Since it didn't do anything to the taste except water it down, the only reason left to put an ice cube in it would be to cool it.
Let's esplain how to do this,

First you need a lowball glass
add two-three fingers of whatever
take a mouthful, let it linger
eckshale through your nose
remember this taste/smell

now
add a splash of room temp water (preferably the same type of water it was brewed with if scotch but filtered water works)
do as above

Youll notice there are like a ton of new different flavors

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Let's esplain how to do this,

First you need a lowball glass
add two-three fingers of whatever
take a mouthful, let it linger
eckshale through your nose
remember this taste/smell

now
add a splash of room temp water (preferably the same type of water it was brewed with if scotch but filtered water works)
do as above

Youll notice there are like a ton of new different flavors
I'll just take your word for it ad continue drinking whiskey as I enjoy it.

I've probably posted this before but I was converted to adding a small amount of water to malt whisky by the Managing Director of Laphraoig. In their tasting room he gave me a measure of bottled and a smaller measure of cask strength, to which he the added the precise amount of water such that it was, in theory, identical to the bottled. The complexity of that glass compared to the standard was amazing when tried side by side. I thought it might have had something to do with the oxygenation of adding water. Whatever the reason, I now prefer buying cask strength and adding water rather than buying the whisky that was diluted before bottling. Even with a standard bottle, there are more flavours released with just a drop of water from a straw. For god's sake don;t use tap water though. I always use Highland Spring water if I can't get any from the whisky region.

My 90 yo granddad has put a single cube of ice in his scotch since the dawn of time. Slow sipper. Let it mellow.

I put ice in warm whiskey, and drink it before the ice melts, trying not to shake it too much. Every different sip is a different temperature and different dilution, giving a different taste every time.

Whiskey stones don't do much, specific heat of rock is about 1/4 that of booze.

Right now I use this exact meat grinder, which comes with plastic cones for sausage stuffing.

http://www.cateringline.com/prod_gadgets.php?Id=433&Cat=25

Unless you're doing a fuckton of meat, get a manual one like this. Cheap, cleans up easy, and it's heavy stainless so it'll pretty much last forever. It's also much easier to stuff casings with a manual crank machine, as you have much more control.

Now that you've like that, I think we've had this exact same conversation before. I tend to repeat myself

I made limoncello.
It is good, but very lemony

wfamS2u.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138 and fly