Airlink = awesome!

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
So last weekend I went down to Fry's and got the advertised $19.99 wireless access point. I didn't have time to set it up until this weekend, and I discovered that this cheap Airlink router is the single best wireless router I've ever used.

I went to add port forwarding for VNC, and normally you have to type in the port and IP address. It had options for source AND destination ports, and instead of typing in an IP, it automatically brings up a list of computers connected to the switch (computer name and IP), and you can just choose from the list :cool:
(You can also add a new one if it isn't plugged in yet or wasn't recognized for some reason.)

Anyway, my first Airlink product and I'm really impressed.

Anyone else get new computer stuff recently?

No hardware, but I recently bought:

Hitman 3;
EA Sports FIFA 2005; and
Far Cry

All are very fun. I suck balls at Far Cry though. Jesus.

I need a new keyboard. My old one crapped out. I'm pleased to see its impossible to buy a bluetooth keyboard without having to buy a mouse as well. Damnit.

I bought a Linksys cable modem.
I also got Darkwatch and Burnout Revenge for the Xbox and Coded Arms for the PSP.

Drool-Boy said:
Farcry kicks ass, but yeah, its hard sometimes

It saves checkpoints a lot, but goddamn. My armor is tin foil sometimes I think, and once it's gone forget about it. I freaking love the tropical setting though, and all the ruined Japanese WWII artifacts. Interesting touch.

Sarcasmo said:
It saves checkpoints a lot, but goddamn. My armor is tin foil sometimes I think, and once it's gone forget about it. I freaking love the tropical setting though, and all the ruined Japanese WWII artifacts. Interesting touch.

You can tweak the .ini file to let you do quick saves on the F5 key,if you want

Drool-Boy said:
You can tweak the .ini file to let you do quick saves on the F5 key,if you want

It's not that bad yet. I just often find myself crouching behind a palm tree with a millimeter of red showing on my health bar thinking "Now what the hell do I do?"

Fat Burger said:
I got Far Cry free with a memory purchase, but I have yet to play it.

It's pretty fun, but I get distracted by the lush tropical panoramas a lot and start fantasizing about spelunking old ruins in the Pacific.

Sarcasmo said:
It's not that bad yet. I just often find myself crouching behind a palm tree with a millimeter of red showing on my health bar thinking "Now what the hell do I do?"

Yar
I should reinstall it. I got about 3/4ths of the way through it before, then the 1.2 patch came out, and when I installed it, it broke my game:mad:
I think theres a 1.3 out now.