Halp Airline miles

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥69,119
We've got 88,000 miles with AA right now via the AA Advantage card. It treated us quite well the five years we've had it, and could really only get anywhere on USAir. Thing is we'd need another 12,000 to actually go anywhere in First Class, like say, Las Vegas!

So, miles experts, do I churn/charge another load of money on the card, or is there a better way to make use of these miles?

no answer to your question, but i see zero point to hoarding any miles except southwest, since they constantly expire before you can use them.

We've got 88,000 miles with AA right now via the AA Advantage card. It treated us quite well the five years we've had it, and could really only get anywhere on USAir. Thing is we'd need another 12,000 to actually go anywhere in First Class, like say, Las Vegas!

So, miles experts, do I churn/charge another load of money on the card, or is there a better way to make use of these miles?
Not sure if it works like the Southwest card, if so, you (or the Mrs) can sign up for another AA card and give the FF info for the account that has 80k miles in it. Right now you can get another 50k here.

https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/footer-plathv

Worth looking into, if you don't BOTH already have one.

it's been a while but assuming things haven't changed I always preferred to use miles to upgrade tickets rather than purchasing them. that way you're still getting some amount of additional miles for the trip

unless that's not a concern

either way listen to @fly he's the SME when it comes to cheesing rewards programs

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Not sure if it works like the Southwest card, if so, you (or the Mrs) can sign up for another AA card and give the FF info for the account that has 80k miles in it. Right now you can get another 50k here.

https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/footer-plathv

Worth looking into, if you don't BOTH already have one.

This might be the best way to go, we could pay for the hardwood floor refinishing with it for the 50K miles, then I gift all my miles to F33n's AA account. The only issue being they say it takes 8-10 weeks for the mileage to credit.

I just realized F33n's AA thingy may have miles on it too. duhhhhh.

This might be the best way to go, we could pay for the hardwood floor refinishing with it for the 50K miles, then I gift all my miles to F33n's AA account. The only issue being they say it takes 8-10 weeks for the mileage to credit.

I just realized F33n's AA thingy may have miles on it too. duhhhhh.
In theory you don't have to transfer. Sign her up for the card, but use your AA account info. It works with Southwest, not sure about AA tho.

edit: Or reverse. Whatever, you get the point.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
In theory you don't have to transfer. Sign her up for the card, but use your AA account info. It works with Southwest, not sure about AA tho.

edit: Or reverse. Whatever, you get the point.
We were also checking on how much it would be to just transfer miles between ff accounts. Someone is getting wanderlust pretty badly and wants to go on a trip before the miles would kick in :p