Aibo: Pet of the future?

SchmilK said:
The latest software upgrade for aibo actually remembers were obstacles are so insetad of bumping into it and turning, it avoids it all together...

On top of that...theres peeps that are playing soccer wtih these things! FORE REALY IT'S FREAKIN HILLARIOUS!!!!

http://www.tzi.de/4legged/bin/view/Website/ImagesVideos2005

I can't tell what programming was done to get them to play this, or if it's all real time controlled from the user..

AAAND, there's a media player so that the dog will play mp3/wav/cd from your computer (via 54g wireless network) through the dogs speaker and it will dance while it does it.

AAAND it will sync with outlook and remember up to 30 appointments for the day and notify you of them...and you can use it as an alarm clock.

AAND they save their own web blog for the day with a picture of something that set a mood for them for the day...not sure how that works or what, but here's an example. LOL

http://www.dingoaibo.vnunetblogs.com/dingo_dayz/

AAAND :heart: :heart: Sarah :heart: :heart: is sooo fucking cool that she's actually excited about this! :D OMG YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! But she won't let me go buy one today and return the one that i got being shipped to me...she's making me wait...although i dind't make her wait after i got her the ring on tuesday....i TRIED...and even though i said i DIND"T get it, she knew i did, and i had no strengths agaist her. hee he ehee

And yes...this came out 2 years ago...but sicne then the've upgraded and fixed the few problems they had...through new servos and new software...
Good lord dude. Cancel your order to buy one in person? That's going a bit on the crazy side, isn't it?

itburnswhenipee said:
Really? I've heard very good things about roombas also. Why, I even have been led to believe that the latest generation is clever enough to find its own charging station when it finishes its cycle.

Also: They're meant for 'maintenance' cleaning. You let the little bastard loose after giving the room a good vacuuming and it's supposed to keep it clean from there.
I heard good stuff about Roombas too. The guy I work with here LOVES his.

SchmilK said:
AAAND :heart: :heart: Sarah :heart: :heart: is sooo fucking cool that she's actually excited about this! :D OMG YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! But she won't let me go buy one today and return the one that i got being shipped to me...she's making me wait...although i dind't make her wait after i got her the ring on tuesday....i TRIED...and even though i said i DIND"T get it, she knew i did, and i had no strengths agaist her. hee he ehee

And yes...this came out 2 years ago...but sicne then the've upgraded and fixed the few problems they had...through new servos and new software...
yeah yeah yeah, this idea better work.

theacoustician said:
Good lord dude. Cancel your order to buy one in person? That's going a bit on the crazy side, isn't it?
You have no idea how he gets... like a kid in a candy store.

What he's doing is ordering from Sony. It's coming Saturday, but thats not soon enough for him, so he's buying one in a store today, and then when the one from Sony comes on Saturday, returning THAT to the store on Saturday.

*shakes head*

Theres no stopping him... but we can't have 2 :fly:

Save your money and get a drunken midget.
At least you could throw the midget away and not feel sorry about it.

zengirl said:
You have no idea how he gets... like a kid in a candy store.

What he's doing is ordering from Sony. It's coming Saturday, but thats not soon enough for him, so he's buying one in a store today, and then when the one from Sony comes on Saturday, returning THAT to the store on Saturday.

*shakes head*

Theres no stopping him... but we can't have 2 :fly:
He can't wait till the weekend for it to come? Like you're going to get all that much time to play with it between now and then anyways? :confused:

theacoustician said:
He can't wait till the weekend for it to come? Like you're going to get all that much time to play with it between now and then anyways? :confused:
We leave at 4am Sunday morning for a 10 day trip.

zengirl said:
We leave at 4am Sunday morning for a 10 day trip.
Well, I guess I could see wanting to make sure you received it so it didn't sit on the door step for 10 days while you're gone. But like I said, with work and your typical daily life type stuff going on, are you really going to have all that much time for it? What if you see something completely badass on your trip and can't buy it because your credit card is maxed? I know I got conned into buying jewlery on our cruise, so its entirely possible.

This isn't to say what you're doing is wrong or bad, I just really don't get it.

theacoustician said:
Well, I guess I could see wanting to make sure you received it so it didn't sit on the door step for 10 days while you're gone. But like I said, with work and your typical daily life type stuff going on, are you really going to have all that much time for it? What if you see something completely badass on your trip and can't buy it because your credit card is maxed? I know I got conned into buying jewlery on our cruise, so its entirely possible.

This isn't to say what you're doing is wrong or bad, I just really don't get it.
Ryan only works until 2 :fly: He's got 8 hours a day after work to do nothing but play... and I don't usually get home until 7 or later so he has a lot of alone time. He's really into those gadget things. It makes him happy *shrug*

So long as he returns one on Saturday and gets the credit back on the card, money isn't an issue. And c'mon... lets be honest here... you've seen our taste in jewelry, we aren't exactly bank breakers in that respect, now are we? :fly:

zengirl said:
Ryan only works until 2 :fly: He's got 8 hours a day after work to do nothing but play... and I don't usually get home until 7 or later so he has a lot of alone time. He's really into those gadget things. It makes him happy *shrug*

So long as he returns one on Saturday and gets the credit back on the card, money isn't an issue. And c'mon... lets be honest here... you've seen our taste in jewelry, we aren't exactly bank breakers in that respect, now are we? :fly:
I dunno, a custom ring with a big sapphire looks expensive to me. It certainly doesn't scream cheap.

But if it makes all of you guys happy, cool. Now, if you can get the Aibo to post to UF by itself, that would be badass.

theacoustician said:
I dunno, a custom ring with a big sapphire looks expensive to me. It certainly doesn't scream cheap.

But if it makes all of you guys happy, cool. Now, if you can get the Aibo to post to UF by itself, that would be badass.
Well, we only spent half of our ring budget, so theres extra money around for cruise spending money and Aibos ;)