AH want to buy this

Drool-Boy said:
Its wireless yo, you can move it to your lap, lay it on the table, or stand on your fucking head in the corner and use it. Plus it does 1600x1200 resolution.
Tell me that aint super fucking sexy.

edit - ok, I just re-read, the display isnt wireless, the pen is (duh) but the display IS made to be used any way you want, standing up, laying flat, or in your lap.

your lap doesn't need to be involved.

theacoustician said:
Just a few things
1. Understand that this is more like a movable desktop than it is a portable. 7.5lbs? That's a monster. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it is when you have to carry it all over creation. Might not be a bad thing though if you don't have to carry it every day.

2. Also know that with a 4000+ processor, your battery life is not that great. Dunno if that matters or not.

3. You can save some dough by getting the same thing without MCE 2005 as your OS. It doesn't have a TV tuner in it, so MCE is sorta a waste. Just get regular XP.

4. If you're going to use it for gaming, I'd invest in a docking station and a separate mouse. Trying to play any game that requires keyboard and mouse at the same time is impossible otherwise. Might even want a bigger monitor to plug it into when its docked. That one is kinda up to you.

i dont think the weight will bother me much. of course this will be my first notebook, my only experience with them is borrowing other peoples'. i wont have to tote it around much and when i do it'll probably be tossed in a backpack.

if i can get ~2 hours battery life, i'll be happy.

i dont think best buy will give a discount if you dont want their operating system? i was gonna throw xp pro and xp64 on it anyways as soon as i got it. if i could save some cash that way, it'd be nice. i'll have to ask.

i will probably get the docking station and mouse when i get back from florida, i hadnt thought about it til you mentioned it.

thank you for the suggestions