AH want to buy this

Because its an HP and they make notoriously bad desktops/laptops. Oddly enough though, everyone at work seems to love their servers.

Drool-Boy said:
Go to a store that sells them and put one down your pants. You cant buy a piece of hardware like that without knowing how it feels against your groin.

i'm already running low on usable pants space, they just dont make a good pair of jeans for the tall, lanky individual anymore :(

SpangeMonkee said:
I'm happy with our AMD HP laptop other than the built-in wireless card sucks.

specs please

i can get a 3200, 512mb ram and 80gb hd for $300 less i think. i'd rather pay the 300.

Last edited:
thrawn said:
i cant say that i have looked at them, thank you

I got the Gateway MX7525 at BestBuy for $1199.

AMD 64 Mobile 4000+
1GB of RAM
100GB HD
X600 128mb gpu
DVDRW Dual layer

I'll have it at the meat, you're welcome to check it out if you haven't purchased something by then.

Kiwi's got an older Emachine (basically a Gateway clone) with an AMD64 as well. It's about two years old and we've never had any problems with it.

I know people get tired of me asking this, but what exactly are you going to use this for? If you just want something portable that you can surf the internet on and do some basic office apps, you could get away with buying a much cheaper laptop. If its a replacement to your main system, then yeah, you'll probably need more than a $500 laptop has to offer.

theacoustician said:
I know people get tired of me asking this, but what exactly are you going to use this for? If you just want something portable that you can surf the internet on and do some basic office apps, you could get away with buying a much cheaper laptop. If its a replacement to your main system, then yeah, you'll probably need more than a $500 laptop has to offer.

There's no reason for anyone to get tired of hearing that question, it's an entirely reasonable one to ask for a scenario like this.

theacoustician said:
GAMING!