Ontopic Affirmative Action. Yay or nay?

Does a black business owner in a white neighborhood need to keep this in mind when they hire?
Notice I said I am generally against it. I said what I did in my post to explain that I do understand why it came about. Not that I like it.

Let's see. Summer cheerleading camps, freshman orientation.....yeah, you weren't important in that job. ;)
@fly remember when I said "for once" he wasn't in trouble? Guess that's gone now :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
While this is a great idea and I tend to agree with it, right now in the US, all other things being equal, the white guy gets the job. If you have a man and a woman applying for the same job and they have the same exact qualifications and are equally as poised during the interview and have the same amount of knowledge, the man will get the job. Why? The woman might get pregnant.
I've never taken that into consideration when I've hired anyone, and I've never heard anyone say that before. That's just being an asshole.

Though every job I've ever interviewed people for, there's always been a clear winner.

I've never taken that into consideration when I've hired anyone, and I've never heard anyone say that before. That's just being an asshole.

Though every job I've ever interviewed people for, there's always been a clear winner.

Just because you haven't doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does, and we need the affirmative action laws to prevent employers from believing they can get away with it. http://www.askamanager.org/2009/10/interviewer-said-they-would-hire-me-if.html

Oh I know. I just think the term 'soft bigotry' perfect.

"Hi there, we'd like to offer you the job. You're not as qualified for it, you're just filling a minority slot."
I don't think it works that way, dude. You're welcome to prove me wrong, but if it's just a bunch of bluster and business business business nonsense, I'll probably just ignore you, like usual.

In particular, quotas are outlawed in the US, and it also only applies to institutions that take federal money (schools, federal contractors, federal agencies, IIRC).

I don't think it works that way, dude. You're welcome to prove me wrong, but if it's just a bunch of bluster and business business business nonsense, I'll probably just ignore you, like usual.

In particular, quotas are outlawed in the US, and it also only applies to institutions that take federal money (schools, federal contractors, federal agencies, IIRC).
He's probably over on Stormfront right now asking what his reply to that should be.