Advertising new gas prices.....

I Robert I said:
Oh shut the fuck up. Move to Sweden for a while and try to complain about US prices after that fun experience...

I am so sick of hearing statements like that. Listen: in exchange for universal healthcare and education and effective mass transit systems is six or eight or ten dollars a gallon such a raw deal?

Thorn Bird said:
just put in a few dollars in every time you can...i know it's the same amount, but it doesn't hurt as bad to put in $10 here and there as opposed to $40 all at once. does that make any sense to anyone else?

I don't like pumping gas........the fewer trips to the station the better.

itburnswhenipee said:
I am so sick of hearing statements like that. Listen: in exchange for universal healthcare and education and effective mass transit systems is six or eight or ten dollars a gallon such a raw deal?
:D you forget that once you figure in how much of your income tax dollars go towards keeping our prices as low as they are, it's around that number or higher here

ChikkenNoodul said:
:D you forget that once you figure in how much of your income tax dollars go towards keeping our prices as low as they are, it's around that number or higher here

That's a whole other rant... but brings up a good question:

Who is coming out ahead? The dang-furriner* who loses half his income in taxes and gets numerous social services, or the American who loses a third of his income and is expected to take care of every human need on his own?

*Dang-furrin is not an actual nation. It was made up for use as an example.

itburnswhenipee said:
That's a whole other rant... but brings up a good question:

Who is coming out ahead? The dang-furriner* who loses half his income in taxes and gets numerous social services, or the American who loses a third of his income and is expected to take care of every human need on his own?

*Dang-furrin is not an actual nation. It was made up for use as an example.
Well, we still don't have waiting lists for cancer care like some other *cough* *cough* nations with socialized health care

And it's more than a third of my income........ :(

This was being discussed on the radio earlier. Oil companies are making more money than ever but the rising gas costs are forcing infalation on any other market that relies on trucking which is most of them. The question they were discussing was should the government step in and regulate gas prices.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well one reason is that they're not paying employees as much, I have no idea if the prices are inflated or not though.
I know Big Oil runs the government and blah, blah, blah. But doesn't the fact that EVERY quarter for oil companies are showing "record profits" signify that something is wrong? On the flip side, eventually this will grind the economy to a halt...

fly said:
I know Big Oil runs the government and blah, blah, blah. But doesn't the fact that EVERY quarter for oil companies are showing "record profits" signify that something is wrong? On the flip side, eventually this will grind the economy to a halt...
*shrug* there's worse things about the situation than the companies making money, like the squashing of efforts towards more fuel-efficient vehicles.

ChikkenNoodul said:
*shrug* there's worse things about the situation than the companies making money, like the squashing of efforts towards more fuel-efficient vehicles.
Hey! Didn't you see the new standards??? Over the next 10 years, shit is gonna have to get like 2mpg better!!! WOOOHOOO

And consumers will now drive the change thanks to big oil, shooting themselves in the foot just like the 70s...

when this shit happened in the 70s, people got pissed, rallied in front of the white house, truckers parked their huge ass trucks on the white house lawn, shit like that

where is that now?

elpmis said:
when this shit happened in the 70s, people got pissed, rallied in front of the white house, truckers parked their huge ass trucks on the white house lawn, shit like that

where is that now?

If you tried to drive a big rig within a hundred yards of the white house they'd probably riddle the cab with bullets.

ChikkenNoodul said:
They aren't squashed...no one's willing to take the financial risk for it.

I'm looking into producing my own bio-diesel. Doesn't look easy, though. :(

Not on a large enough scale to fuel several vehicles weekly.

Right now.

itburnswhenipee said:
If you tried to drive a big rig within a hundred yards of the white house they'd probably riddle the cab with bullets.

No shit. Alarms sound, F-16s are dispatched, machine guns grabbed...