WTF Advertising? IS THIS GOOD FOR THE FORUM

You have to license per year?

Oh, it's probably server rental and all that bullshit. How much *do* you spend on this place anyway? Cost/income ratio makes all the difference in the world when trying to tell the difference between a hobby and a weird obsession.

vB used to be licensed per year, but they changed it to just a fat, upfront fee. I think it was something like $350 last year for vB4. There is a new version of vB coming out (vB5) that will require another fee. Yay! But I've been thinking of converting to different forum software. vB sucks ass anymore. And to get a lower monthly cost, I think I had to plop down $450 for a 3 year instance with Amazon. The monthly cost constantly changes based on how much we use the site.

Over the last 8 years, I've spent a stupid amount of money. However its a hobby that has earned me real world skills. I would have probably never gotten around to learning linux, sql, php, and countless other things if this place didn't exist. So it's sorta a fun investment in my resume.

Over the last 8 years, I've spent a stupid amount of money. However its a hobby that has earned me real world skills. I would have probably never gotten around to learning linux, sql, php, and countless other things if this place didn't exist. So it's sorta a fun investment in my resume.
Do you by chance have any experience with Cyrus mail for Linux?

This thread reminds me of when we had to eat our pack mule while up in the Himalayas. It was below freezing and we hadn't eaten in days, so the meat was a much needed and welcome meal. I felt bad for the poor animal though, I shed a single tear as we hiked away from his muledilated carcass.

This thread reminds me of when we had to eat our pack mule while up in the Himalayas. It was below freezing and we hadn't eaten in days, so the meat was a much needed and welcome meal. I felt bad for the poor animal though, I shed a single tear as we hiked away from his muledilated carcass.

It reminds me more of the time we had to eat our Sherpas in the Himalayas. We had plenty of food, but we had run out of money and couldn't pay them so it seemed a reasonable thing to do. I felt really bad for their widows and children who probably starved. I didn't shed any tears as they would have frozen.