WTF Advertising? IS THIS GOOD FOR THE FORUM

Good, because when genmay did it with viglink it was annoying as fuck. It highlighted about every 8th word in this annoying blue underlined bold text, and if you got anywhere near it with your mouse, it locked up the forum and spent 35 seconds loading some shitty popup.

that shit was fukn horrible

Good, because when genmay did it with viglink it was annoying as fuck. It highlighted about every 8th word in this annoying blue underlined bold text, and if you got anywhere near it with your mouse, it locked up the forum and spent 35 seconds loading some shitty popup.

While I'd really love to annoy you, if that was the case - I'd turn it off.

So I got bored this morning and read up on Skimlinks. It's forum advertising. Gay. Much like AdSense, it will likely earn me .12 over the next month and I'll turn it off. We'll see.

I have no idea what the ads look like yet, I think they just create a link when certain words are typed. Dunno. However, if you hate me or they annoy the fuck out of you, they can be turned off in your control panel.

Settings > General Settings > Skimlinks

SELL OUT!!!

Let the ads play. Hopefully it will cover the forum cost. fly pays for the forum and breaks the forum on a regular basis so if he can make some spare change after covering cost good for him. Unless it's annoying then hell no.

Why not just set up an amazon.com affiliate account and have all amazon links switched into affiliate links? Same with newegg, and any other popular linked site posted here.