adult swim cripples boston

Peter Berdovsky, 27, a freelance video artist from Arlington, Massachusetts, and Sean Stevens, 28, were facing charges of placing a hoax device in a way that results in panic
Does that charge require criminal intent, or does the very fact that it results in a panic, regardless of intent, make them guilty? If it's the former they should be fine, but if it's the latter... well that's just ridiculous.

Does that charge require criminal intent, or does the very fact that it results in a panic, regardless of intent, make them guilty? If it's the former they should be fine, but if it's the latter... well that's just ridiculous.

doesn't matter. Patriot Act over rides all of that.

I could place a spool of wires and a package of batteries on a public street no cnnected to each other and someone would still panic about it and call the cops and I would still be arrested and charged.

doesn't matter. Patriot Act over rides all of that.

I could place a spool of wires and a package of batteries on a public street no cnnected to each other and someone would still panic about it and call the cops and I would still be arrested and charged.
in the case of batteries and wires, then yeah, you would at least be charged. would you be convicted?

even then, this case is different because the guys weren't placing something that they necessarily realised looked like a bomb or would cause public panic. if it were me i would have considered what i was doing to be like putting up a digital poster.

Am I alone when reading the commentary from the officials of the city of Boston in thinking its a city full of morons?

No I think instead of sending a patrol car over and checking to see if it was a real threat they over reacted and wasted abunch of money and now are wasting even more money complaining about it.

Am I alone when reading the commentary from the officials of the city of Boston in thinking its a city full of morons?
the city government is full of morons, which is pretty typical. i'm sure individually and at home they're not that stupid, but it seems that anyone on their way to a podium leaves their brain at the coat-check.

We are a nation of imbeciles:

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20070201/D8N0KKTG0.html

Dolphin's Toy Mistaken for a Bomb

Jan 31, 9:02 PM (ET)

WINDLEY KEY, Fla. (AP) - A dolphin's toy that resembled a bomb scared spectators Wednesday and prompted officials at a marine park to call 911. A dolphin playing in a tank at Theater of the Sea surfaced with several items, including one that looked like a homemade bomb.

The toy in question was a softball-sized glass jar containing a black substance and covered by a white substance, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities said about 15 people, mostly employees, evacuated the facility around 11 a.m. while the sheriff's bomb squad investigated, The Key West Citizen reported.

Screw Boston, what have they ever done for me?

They throw some gay tea party where they inexplicably dress up as Indians and then they're all "look how great we are!"

1545c222a115677.jpg

It will probably keep up until the company agrees to foot the bill. The biggest thing they are trying to do right now is push the blame so that their constituents don't realize it was stupid and a big wast of money.

I have told this story before but...

We used to lease the top floor of the tallest building in downtown Clearwater. On the 4th floor of the building was the FBI and other government branchs. One day while our people were taking the small connector from the building to the garage they noticed a piece of piping hanging out. Didnt think anything of it and went on with there day. Worked all day and then near the end of the day all the alarms came on and they rushed everyone out of the building. Huge panic, huge rush and people almost got hurt. All this because someone thought it looked very suspicious to be sitting there. Turns out this time it was actually a rather large pipe bomb. They took it to the top of the parking garage and used there little blast box to blow it up. If it would have gone off it probably wouldnt have taken down the building but it would have killed hundreds of people. I respect the worry warts now.

I have told this story before but...

We used to lease the top floor of the tallest building in downtown Clearwater. On the 4th floor of the building was the FBI and other government branchs. One day while our people were taking the small connector from the building to the garage they noticed a piece of piping hanging out. Didnt think anything of it and went on with there day. Worked all day and then near the end of the day all the alarms came on and they rushed everyone out of the building. Huge panic, huge rush and people almost got hurt. All this because someone thought it looked very suspicious to be sitting there. Turns out this time it was actually a rather large pipe bomb. They took it to the top of the parking garage and used there little blast box to blow it up. If it would have gone off it probably wouldnt have taken down the building but it would have killed hundreds of people. I respect the worry warts now.
That story is too long for me to read.