Adobe CS3

*shrugs, for the very simple chopping that is within my skill level Paint.net works better than I could hope for.

Since Photoshop is the program I use the most, what new features are they adding to it over CS2?

* Non-destructive Smart Filters <==- Turns any filter in to a smart filter (kinda like drop shadow or glow or bevel)
* Quick Selection Tool <==- Like magic wand, but smarter
* Refine Edge <==-- like smooth selection, but smarter
* Automatic layer alignment and blending <==-- very nice if you use multiple layers and cloning. You can clone all layers without affecting the adjustment layer.
* Vanishing Point with multiple, adjustable angle perspective planes <==-- friggin sweet!
* Black and White conversion <==-- OMG! this is almost completely worth it. You actually have conversion options!! Very nice results.
* Enhanced Adobe Camera Raw <==-- If you shoot RAW, this thing is better than anything out there. The options and tools are awesome.

Not listed on the Adobe labs page:
* Histograms within the adjust dialog boxes
* Cool zoomy windows and stuff
* Runs fast. Really fast.
* Preferences, preferences, preferences

If you own a copy of CS2, go to http://labs.adobe.com/ and download the beta. The only problem I've seen with it is that you can't see the brush size/shape. You only get the crosshair precision cursor. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything else.

so, I installed CS3 today. yeah, it's fast. real fast. Illustrator and InDesign features are pretty cool. Though, I haven't played with it too much, I already like it. Plus, the constant crashing of Illustrator CS2 was reaching the end of my rope. Just in case anyone wanted to know. :)

/me looks at his copy of CS, CS2 & CS3.

You know, if you use it for business, it is tax deductible. If you shoot one photo that you edit with PS, you have used the software for your business and it was a business expense.

Expense, yes, it was an expense.

/me looks at his copy of CS, CS2 & CS3.

You know, if you use it for business, it is tax deductible. If you shoot one photo that you edit with PS, you have used the software for your business and it was a business expense.

That still requires having the money to get it prior to writing it off.