Active Directory admins...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,291
Steam
mattressfish
I am trying to find a way to enable audit policies on a new XP install. I know that these settings can be turned on via policies, but I am unable to find what to change in the registry to enable these settings.

Is a AD policy a file that one can browse? Does it show registry settings? I've tried a registry compare before and after, but no differences come up. Anyone have any bright ideas?

To set up auditing of files and folders
Click Start, click Run, type mmc /a (note the space between mmc and /a), and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.
Under Snap-in, click Group Policy, and then click Add.
In Select Group Policy Object, click Local Computer, click Finish, click Close, and then click OK.
In Local Computer Policy, click Audit Policy.
Where?

Local Computer Policy
Computer Configuration
Windows Settings
Security Settings
Local Policies
Audit Policy
In the details pane, double-click Audit Object Access.
In the Audit object access Properties dialog box, click the options you want, and then click OK.
Notes

You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to set up auditing of files and folders. Group Policy is available only to administrators.
If you have previously saved a console with Group Policy, you can open the saved console and go to step 5.
After you enable auditing of files and folders, you must specify which files and folders to audit. For more information, see Related Topics.