Advice According to Ledboots (Q&A)

@Ledboots how much vitamin d3 should I give my kids (1.5 and 3)? I bought some d3s that are 1000 IU each.

Also what about adults?

@Ledboots how much vitamin d3 should I give my kids (1.5 and 3)? I bought some d3s that are 1000 IU each.

Also what about adults?
That's a lot. 400IU is considered the "kid dose". I give calcium/magnesium with D3, B12, and dha (the algae kind). Zinc once in awhile depending upon how well they're eating.

Edit: for adults the 1000iu is fine unless anyone's been dx as deficient.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
That's a lot. 400IU is considered the "kid dose". I give calcium/magnesium with D3, B12, and dha (the algae kind). Zinc once in awhile depending upon how well they're eating.

Edit: for adults the 1000iu is fine unless anyone's been dx as deficient.
So would 2 to 3 a week be alright for the kids?

You have one with dha included or a separate dha? What's the brand?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
So would 2 to 3 a week be alright for the kids?

You have one with dha included or a separate dha? What's the brand?
I use a separate dha (not cheap, it's the only $$ supplement we use) by Nordic Naturals, the Baby Vegetarian dha. It's derived from algae, and I'd give it to my kids whether they were veg or not.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and adi
Dear @Ledboots ,
How can a middle aged man either reduce his breast size or at least convert to muscle safely?
Signed,
Fred Norris
Some men are genetically predisposed for the moobs. Some people are getting testosterone from a doctor; I am not.a huge fan of hormones for anyone tbh. Supplementing creatin is supposed to help with muscle development without having many downsides. Lifting weights and going easy on the hormone filled meat and dairy can help. Drinking beer seems to be related, too. Note how I sneaked in my agenda. 😂

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and OOD
Some men are genetically predisposed for the moobs. Some people are getting testosterone from a doctor; I am not.a huge fan of hormones for anyone tbh. Supplementing creatin is supposed to help with muscle development without having many downsides. Lifting weights and going easy on the hormone filled meat and dairy can help. Drinking beer seems to be related, too. Note how I sneaked in my agenda. 😂
Grass-fed beef it is!

@Ledboots how important is fruit in a diet? Can I just get all those vitamins from vegetables?
Sure, you can get good nutrition, but the calories are low in most vegetables so you have to eat a lot unless you are eating root veg and grains, nuts seeds etc. I love fruit and eat a lot of it so I am confused as to why. It is more expensive especially out of season, but the peaches and cherries will be here soon 😍

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
What about the reverse: getting all of the vitamins from fruits and not vegetables since I don't like many vegetables. Salad, broccoli, celery, and cooked carrots are about the only vegetables I like.
You can pretty much live off broccoli 😁. Fruit has lots of vitamins, fewer minerals than vegetable, but healthy. People freak out about the sugar content, but I think that is more about strained juices.