Thread A week celebrating the rainy English countryside (pics)

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
Just got back from our week break in Filey, Yorkshire. There was so much rain most the week a lot of the surrounding towns were flooded etc, thankfully all we got was a shed load of rain.

After spending Monday cooped up inside due to torrential rain we braved the weather and went out to a beach on Tuesday:

AktAr.jpg

2tndq.jpg

5v5Tv.jpg

90Bez.jpg

After poring through a ton of leaflets in our cottage we ventured to Dalby Forest National Park on Wednesday and had a great hike up a few hundred metres (I think), later on in the pics you see some rock formations on the top of the hills. According to the bunf we got the rock formations were formed 150million years ago in the Jurassic period:

6nX6h.jpg

vaLhR.jpg

EZm0f.jpg

rFqi8.jpg

uztKr.jpg

iAN8e.jpg

hjUUf.jpg

M7Y0j.jpg

iEJRH.jpg

sJ3dX.jpg

fzIlT.jpg

gxFgU.jpg

Later on we went to another beach (Cayton Bay) with more sand:

Took me some time to work out what Nat Rism was:

EJpJo.jpg

Ckg8T.jpg

L2xbX.jpg

IZOgv.jpg

kWhr2.jpg

cL1Dc.jpg

VeAe7.jpg

Yesterday we went to a farm about 30minutes from the cottage, got lost on a woodland walk and ended up scramblign through bushes (in the rain), jumping over streams, crouching under all the fur tree branches etc. for a very long time to find our way out. Was quite a fun adventure:

Can you spot the Christmas tree?

fxCPR.jpg

MlX3F.jpg

pKmD6.jpg

kHuIj.jpg

pk3Tg.jpg

DuKV2.jpg

r8cl2.jpg

National Trust area bro, better respect that shit or Prince Charles will come beat you...or something. Plus you had to climb up hundreds of very steep metres to get up there, probably wards off all sorts of lazy chav types.

I'm not your bro, pal.