A video game thread.

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So, it is somewhat sad looking at my podcasts and seeing they are almost evenly split between NPR and video game stuff. :)

Regardless, this weeks retronauts episode, I thought a few people here would like the topic. That topic being game music. So far the talking about it is obvious and just funny to listen to, but hearing the clips of the old songs is bringing a smile everytime they play one. (I really hope they have Monkey Island, damnit!!!)

Not expecting anything. I just know a few people here recognize a lot of old school NES game soundtracks. For those that do, there is a fun podcast at the site I linked.

It is funny how many of these I recognize. :)

Not expecting anything. I just know a few people here recognize a lot of old school NES game soundtracks. For those that do, there is a fun podcast at the site I linked.

It is funny how many of these I recognize. :)

ohhhhhh, i didnt see the link brudda, next time make it another color for people like me, the :tard: people, lol

To be honest, I haven't looked closely at the link I posted. It is the "blog" for the podcast where they talk about all of the soundtracks they list on that link. The rss feed for the podcast is here

I dont know what a podcast is except it has something to do with ipod I am guessing. Since I do not own one and dont plan on it I will see myself to the door of this thread, lol. At least I tried.

BeeRad OUT!

Actually, a podcast is simply a newsfeed of mp3s. They chose the name to feed off the popularity of the ipod, but it does not require one. Simply put, you should be able to click my rss link and some program will know what to do with it. If not, I can post an individually link to this weeks episode. (again, just an audio file.)

Oh cool, I will have to check it out when I get home. I never cared to learn anything about podcast's cause hense the name I thought it was for you cool Ipod people lol

My only complaint about the NPR podcasts is that on days when I drive to work, the news ones are pointless. Sometimes the story of the day is one I heard on the air, so no point listening to it again.

But "Wait Wait" is always a great listen. :) It actually has me considering a trip to Chicago.