A Valentines Day Thread

everyone's all like "omg i'm bitter" or "omg this day is lame". you know what? my high school sweetheart dumped me on valentine's day. my ex in rochester kicked me out of our house on valentine's day. and i still look at this day as a chance to step back for a sec and recognize the love this world has, and actually pause for a second to appreciate the love they have.

/wine-induced tirade.

i don't hate valentine's day. i just don't see the need to have one day out of the year that should be any different than any other day just because of love. i live my life to the best of my ability with what you stated above. one marked day on the calendar doesn't change that.

Many couples find their relationships stuck in a rut after they've been together for a while. Here are some ways to rekindle the fires of love:

* Remember: Fragrant roses, moonlit walks, and candlelight dinners are all wonderful ways to avoid addressing the real problems in your marriage

* Communication is key to any relationship. Put down those binoculars, march right over there, and introduce yourself

* Try buying your husband that watch he's always wanted, and then throwing it in the ocean to show that your love is more important than material things

* Important: Homemade love coupons are not only fun, but they'll also save you hundreds of dollars when fucking your wife

* Fresh fruit, fine wine and seafood are all known to arouse the passions. Cover the bed with them one night

* Spice up your morning routine by shouting "Good morning, wife!" right into your sleeping spouse's face

* Please, for the love of God, just stop doing that weird chewing thing with your mouth

* Vary your lovemaking techniques by having make-up sex, break-up sex, and chased-around-the-front-yard-with-a-meat-cleaver sex

* If you and your partner are having problems communicating, try and switch things up. Have your boyfriend call you an "impotent sack of balding failure," while you call him a "shrill, delusional hag of a woman"

* Why not make a little game out of who has the higher income, with the loser having to clean the bathroom for a year?

* Take your wife back to the place you had your first date, that magical spot in the Colorado Desert where you sipped wine beneath the stars, ran across the sand, and laughed with the ease of children, holding one other tight and—oh wait, that wasn't you. That was Clark and Emily Gundersen of Erie, NY

Lupercalia

Festival of the Wolf: Feb 13-15

Festival celebrating the wolf who suckled Romulus and Remus the founders of Rome.

Har

I don't hate valentine's day, but Knyte's bday is 4 days later, and it's near impossible to go out on both, so I let Knyte's bday be the big celebration and we just do little things for Valentine's.

skywalker-valentine.jpg

I don't hate valentine's day, but Knyte's bday is 4 days later, and it's near impossible to go out on both, so I let Knyte's bday be the big celebration and we just do little things for Valentine's.

word. we've got xmas, both our birthdays, and valentines day all within about 8 weeks. by the time my bday gets here, today, we're kinda.. meh.

funny stuff duke.