A Valentines Day Thread

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,361
Is anybody bothering with valentines this year? I cancelled it this year along with the upcoming Xmas. Last year I think I made a nice meal for us and because I didn't think my partner would bother getting me anything I brought flowers, chocolate and a card for him (although really the chocs were for me) and then he came home with awesome flowers, better chocolates a much sweeter card. I think Valentines can be quite nice, but I'd prefer it if people didn't have to have a special day to be nice and loving, they should try to be more often.

i could not give a flying hoot about any holidays if they aren't kid-related. i'd much rather have some special night just happen as it's going to rather than have yet another big thing i have to think about and work out staring at me from the calendar. birthdays, anniversaries, valentines...give those to me on non-specified days if you feel like it. otherwise, i don't want it. :iono:

I was at a coworkers desk and looking at her calendar. I saw that Saturday had a picture of roses on it. I said what is going on that day?

Um . . . Valentine's day.

Ooooh yeah.

Wife and I are going out for a nice dinner, then coming home for a little slap and tickle

I celebrate Thanksgiving more than anything. I always buy my son's mom flowers and such because I'm thankful wet met and had an awesome kiddo.

She likes it. Her friends at work think it's sweet and mushy and the attention makes her smile.

Then life goes on as usual and we don't talk for a week.