A thread for the people

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Post here to discuss things that aren't normally talked about. Things forbidden in this thread.

1. Any form of homosexuality and freaky sexual preferences
2. Video games
3. Babies
4. Animals
5. Cooking

Yeah, so lets all join in and talk about anything other than the above topics.

i have been working out a lot in the past couple of weeks, and i'm really sore. hopefully it'll work, because nothing else i seem to do is going right atm:p anyone wanna be my exercise buddy? :)

I want to talk about the fact that there aren't things to talk about.

Either that, or hats. People just don't wear them enough anymore. (And I don't count ball caps.)

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hats make me itch, I only wear one when it's skeeter season and I need my netting

I used to wear hats all the time. I'd wake up and throw a hat on. Now I can't find any of them

bast_imret said:
theac onetime told my grandmother that I like to wear a dress and stuff kittens into a bag and drown them.

Did she bang him like a hillbilly kettle?

taeric said:
I want to talk about the fact that there aren't things to talk about.
Just in this thread. I did that because people complain that the topics above are all that ever get posted about.

ignore the crappy rendering. SketchUp REALLY sucks. If I hadn't been already fiddling with it for 2 hours, I would've installed a copy of CAD or something.

anyways...

roombuild006uv.jpg

this is (roughly) our second fire place. I wish I had the money to remove the damn thing. On the left wall that you can see, there are 2 windows and on the left one is my wife's rolltop desk.

roombuild019ob.jpg

this is my idea for shelving. I might extend the right side (outward curve) along the wall further, but I'm not sure how it will work with the dynamics of the room, a thermostat on the wall and an air return vent. I might have to make some cardboard cutouts to see how it will look and to see if walking into the room will be weird with it sticking out that much.

edit:

with windows etc.
roombuild022br.jpg

Last edited:
SpangeMonkee said:
ignore the crappy rendering. SketchUp REALLY sucks. If I hadn't been already fiddling with it for 2 hours, I would've installed a copy of CAD or something.

anyways...

http://img132.echo.cx/img132/5182/roombuild006uv.jpg[img]
this is (roughly) our second fire place. I wish I had the money to remove the damn thing. On the left wall that you can see, there are 2 windows and on the left one is my wife's rolltop desk.

[img]http://img22.echo.cx/img22/5917/roombuild019ob.jpg[img]
this is my idea for shelving. I might extend the right side (outward curve) along the wall further, but I'm not sure how it will work with the dynamics of the room, a thermostat on the wall and an air return vent. I might have to make some cardboard cutouts to see how it will look and to see if walking into the room will be weird with it sticking out that much.[/QUOTE]

That looks pretty cool. I would make the desk side a bit longer down towards the door, but thats just me.
You gonna do the work yourself?