A thread for the people

SpangeMonkee said:
yulp. my "job" doesn't pay that much. it won't be till the end of this summer before I build it.

When are you going to get a real job?

theacoustician said:
Don't you have to clear all the junk out of there before you can do anything?

I just build over the top of such things.

smileynev said:
When are you going to get a real job?

eventually. ;) actually, I have an interview at TBS on Tuesday for an internship during my last semester.

Drool-Boy said:
Well good luck with it. I wanna see pics when its done.
Is the room really green like that?

no, not yet. I just picked that color because the wallpaper sucks.

theacoustician said:
Don't you have to clear all the junk out of there before you can do anything?

I'm hoping to burn it.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I wish it had been that warm here, it's been cold all week.

And now it's going to rain AGAIN this weekend.

That sounds like our forecast, except we are supposed to have a nice weekend before all next week of rain again. We got near an inch on Wed and that is unheard of for Utah, especially since we've been in a 7 year drought.

F33nX said:
i have been working out a lot in the past couple of weeks, and i'm really sore. hopefully it'll work, because nothing else i seem to do is going right atm:p anyone wanna be my exercise buddy? :)

I will! I need to tighten up my stomach for summer but hate working out, so any motivation is a plus.

kiwi said:
I will! I need to tighten up my stomach for summer but hate working out, so any motivation is a plus.

yay! now all we have to do is figure out a plan and keep each other to it.

so far i've been working out 5 times a week, cardio in the morning and strength stuff in the afternoons. cardio consists of running at least a mile and walking at least 2. strength training varies from day to day, i've been working with resistance bands and honestly i've gotten more out of that than i have with freeweights. today i'm focusing on chest, shoulders, and evil EVIL crunches (think resistance crunches on a balance ball, owwwwie)

F33nX said:

so far i've been working out 5 times a week, cardio in the morning and strength stuff in the afternoons. cardio consists of running at least a mile and walking at least 2. strength training varies from day to day, i've been working with resistance bands and honestly i've gotten more out of that than i have with freeweights. today i'm focusing on chest, shoulders, and evil EVIL crunches (think resistance crunches on a balance ball, owwwwie)

I'm focusing on chests today too :hi2u:

F33nX said:

WOW! Okay so my strength training is just up to crunches and leg lifts, but after KNYTE gets back we are going over to our gym to add butt and thighs, so i'll alternate those every other day. As far as for cardio, I'll go on walks on nice days (I have a one year old to tag along), but I'll leave the stroller at home and strap her to my chest instead.

KNYTE will be so proud of me, so you have to keep me to this. Also I've always wanted to get a balance ball, I may have to get one.

SpangeMonkee said:
ignore the crappy rendering. SketchUp REALLY sucks. If I hadn't been already fiddling with it for 2 hours, I would've installed a copy of CAD or something.

anyways...

http://img132.echo.cx/img132/5182/roombuild006uv.jpg[/im]
[img]http://img22.echo.cx/img22/5917/roombuild019ob.jpg[/ig]
[IMG]http://img96.echo.cx/img96/7066/roombuild022br.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Those are cool...they look like something out of Jet Grind Radio with those green cell shaded walls!

Here's a drawing I'm working on for a Star Wars contest over at the Penny Arcade forums. It's Plo Koon, alien Jedi Knight! I have more of it finished at home...I'll post the thing when it's all done.

[img]http://img232.echo.cx/img232/4060/plokoooon5rv.jpg

kiwi said:
WOW! Okay so my strength training is just up to crunches and leg lifts, but after KNYTE gets back we are going over to our gym to add butt and thighs, so i'll alternate those every other day. As far as for cardio, I'll go on walks on nice days (I have a one year old to tag along), but I'll leave the stroller at home and strap her to my chest instead.

KNYTE will be so proud of me, so you have to keep me to this. Also I've always wanted to get a balance ball, I may have to get one.
balance balls are great. they really help support your back and body while also assisting in proper form for exercises. don't worry, i will keep you to this! if you want i can PM you my workout routine/schedule so you have an idea of what i am doing, and also holding me to it!

it's been tough this week to run, normally i run on a treadmill but i moved my workout outdoors since it's been nice out. 3 days of over 80 and now 2 days of 40, and plus the massive extra resistance the ground provides, it's been tough:p
instead of leg lifts, my program wants me to do resistance side steps and cross overs (which can be done with either bands or dumbbells, or a weight machine even). god they hurt:p

Millions said:
Those are cool...they look like something out of Jet Grind Radio with those green cell shaded walls!

Here's a drawing I'm working on for a Star Wars contest over at the Penny Arcade forums. It's Plo Koon, alien Jedi Knight! I have more of it finished at home...I'll post the thing when it's all done.

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/4060/plokoooon5rv.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

:eek: Wow! Very :cool:!!

F33nX said:
balance balls are great. they really help support your back and body while also assisting in proper form for exercises. don't worry, i will keep you to this! if you want i can PM you my workout routine/schedule so you have an idea of what i am doing, and also holding me to it!

it's been tough this week to run, normally i run on a treadmill but i moved my workout outdoors since it's been nice out. 3 days of over 80 and now 2 days of 40, and plus the massive extra resistance the ground provides, it's been tough:p
instead of leg lifts, my program wants me to do resistance side steps and cross overs (which can be done with either bands or dumbbells, or a weight machine even). god they hurt:p

OK, I'll set up some sort of a routine and let you know what it is too.