Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in your criteria keeps this Corvette from being a sports car

I said it the only American sports car. That means it's a sports car.

Subjectively I think it fails on style and uniqueness points. It really does look like some euro-style kit car.

There's countless European exotic cars. IMO the new corvette looks like "just another one of those".

Don't forget that it's different. He doesn't like that. Ever.

Except it's not different, it looks like every other euro-car.

My favorite Corvettes were the early generations that were so much different from each other they looked like completely different cars, yet they were all Corvettes. Radical redesigns. They lost that somewhere.

This one is the first one since the early 80s you could say looks radically different, but only from previous Corvettes. It looks exactly like any other euro exotic car.

"Ferrari knock off" is the best descriptor there is

Like how there's 4000 IPA's and they're all the same bitter and your 4001st IPA is just like the rest.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I'm with @HipHugHer - there aren't any american sports cars anymore.

Biggest reason is because they killed Pontiac. They were the sportscar division of GM, they made all the sports cars, named them after races and shit, like the Grand Am and the Grand Prix... and we can't forget the tire-shredding, fire-breathing Pontiac LeMans:

2R3SZgA.jpg

Hell, they even bucked the "2 seater or 2+2" trend and made a 2+2+3 sports car, the Trans Sport. I mean, Sport was in the name, therefore it was a sportscar, right?

Except it's not different, it looks like every other euro-car.

My favorite Corvettes were the early generations that were so much different from each other they looked like completely different cars, yet they were all Corvettes. Radical redesigns. They lost that somewhere.

This one is the first one since the early 80s you could say looks radically different, but only from previous Corvettes. It looks exactly like any other euro exotic car.

"Ferrari knock off" is the best descriptor there is

Like how there's 4000 IPA's and they're all the same bitter and your 4001st IPA is just like the rest.
Preach it! IPAs that taste the same? Some of those guys must do the same recipe more than once. ;)

Preach it! IPAs that taste the same? Some of those guys must do the same recipe more than once. ;)

It's bullshit. The vast majority of "something different" is to present a facade in the hopes somebody is dumb enough to pay for it because it's "new" (it's not) or "different" (it's not).

Real innovators still live amongst us, they're just easily buried in the efficient and heavy flow of bullshit.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.