Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a review not too long ago on that. When they announced it, I pictured a Wrangler with a bed stapled to it but it appears as though they did it right.

Saw a car review show a week or two ago said there maybe some commonalities but yeah they actually made a truck and didn't just stick a bed on a wrangler.

I like Jeeps. Would be cool to have one as a second vehicle.

Maybe we'll be able to get quick revving screaming vibrator for less than a quarter million dollars.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
It's an 8-holer w/a flat plane crank that's less than a quarter mil is all I'm saying.
Understood. I just don't put that in the same category. Corvette, as far as I know, is still America's only sports car.

Sports car = 2-seater, rear drive, built purely for the fun of driving it. Needs enough power and handling to be fun to drive but it ain't all about racecar type performance. Also has to have style and be something unique.

@DerHoggz miata is a sports car, as was my folks Triumph or even dog forbid the Pontiac Fiero. A Mustang or Camaro is not.

This new Corvette fails in the style and unique department. You could glue a badge on it that said Ferrari or Lotus or whatever and it would fit right in. Giving it some whiz-bang screamer of a motor doesn't help that, in fact it hurts it.

^ that's a long-winded way of saying OK, maybe you can get X type motor for less than X price but it's in something that's not even the same kind of car or made to compete in the same market as a Corvette.

Mustangs are cool cars but they were, and still are, "sporty" (not sports) cars you can still haul a couple smaller kids, or suitcases, or groceries in. Or a couple friends on a Saturday night. That was their design intention from the beginning and they nailed it.
Corvettes were never meant to be that at all.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.