Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on ghetto exhaust repair: after futzing with the exhaust enough times moving it around trying to get the rear end of it hung, the pipe cracked off at the back of the center resonator.

She's done boys. Posted it to the local VW group, someone already wants to buy it for the transmission.
Sorry you're so far away, or I'd be over there with the welder fixin' that shit up for you.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Sorry you're so far away, or I'd be over there with the welder fixin' that shit up for you.
Fuck that. My eyes still hurt from being under the car fucking with it, even with safety glasses on it was a constant stream of rust powder falling on my face. Felt uneasy as fuck having it on jackstands. Probably wouldn't have been long before a suspension attachment point pulled out of the body and the car tried to kill me.

I've gone from "man, my car's broke" to "holy shitballs what the fuck was I thinking keeping an atlantic canadian car going for 16 years"

Fuck that. My eyes still hurt from being under the car fucking with it, even with safety glasses on it was a constant stream of rust powder falling on my face. Felt uneasy as fuck having it on jackstands. Probably wouldn't have been long before a suspension attachment point pulled out of the body and the car tried to kill me.

I've gone from "man, my car's broke" to "holy shitballs what the fuck was I thinking keeping an atlantic canadian car going for 16 years"
Hadn't considered that, what with living where there's no moisture in the air to rust cars out.

• Gravy
Thought they used more galvanized or better coatings and things now. Or maybe that's why it went the 16 years instead of 8 or 10.

Bunch of our cars living up there rusted to the point shit was literally falling off while they still ran great.

Get yer mechanical parts from northern junkyards and yer body parts from southern ones.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Any reason I should not spray some brake or transmission fluid in the intake to make smoke like the old days?
Mess up O2 sensors?

Need to verify what should be the very beginning of an exhaust leak, most likely only on one cylinder. The little tick-tick sound they make too high pitch/weak to be any rod knock, valve clatter, etc.

Any reason I should not spray some brake or transmission fluid in the intake to make smoke like the old days?
Mess up O2 sensors?

Need to verify what should be the very beginning of an exhaust leak, most likely only on one cylinder. The little tick-tick sound they make too high pitch/weak to be any rod knock, valve clatter, etc.
There are better fluids to use. Should be easy enough to find a fogging compound that is safe for cats and o2 sensors.

Mess up O2 sensors?

I'm with Asa - tranny is high-detergent, kinda hard on your engine.

Hit it with some seafoam or naphtha, and you'll do a good top-end cleaning while you're fogging out the neighborhood.

I just did a good top end cleaning by hand to get rid of the EGR codes but I'll do that anyway just for fun.

Hit it with some seafoam or naphtha, and you'll do a good top-end cleaning while you're fogging out the neighborhood.

I might just do this.
Searching combinations of "fogging compound exhaust leak tester" brings all kinda other stuff. Fluid like you use for a fog machine on stage (or to chase vacuum leaks), coolant additive to find head leaks, etc.

I just need something I can spray in its nose and make smoke come out its ass without f-ing up O2 sensors in between.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
While the other fools are making plastic faux front ends to make their trucks look as giant as possible and designing tailgates that fold out into stairs, Jeep is making them now as they should be. Utilitarian, with sides short enough you can reach over and grab things out of the bed and not climb stairs to get in the damn thing.

1934fd35c050d33263c94dc7412235edx.jpg

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gallery-Exterior-Red-Rubicon-Doors-Off.jpg.image.1440.jpg

While the other fools are making plastic faux front ends to make their trucks look as giant as possible and designing tailgates that fold out into stairs, Jeep is making them now as they should be. Utilitarian, with sides short enough you can reach over and grab things out of the bed and not climb stairs to get in the damn thing.

View attachment 9273

View attachment 9274

Saw a review not too long ago on that. When they announced it, I pictured a Wrangler with a bed stapled to it but it appears as though they did it right.

• Gravy
Status
Not open for further replies.