Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about charging iCrap but from the looks of it, you can get 29W using a USB 3 PD charger and a USB C to Lightning cable, for charging iPhone 8 and onwards.

Qi is 5W typical, iPhone 8 does 7.5W and the X onwards does 10W.

I'm reading up on USB 3 power delivery now.

I'm modifying my 3D printer control board design to have a USB C jack for power output, to quiet some people who were like OW WOW THATS A HANDY FEATURE THAT SUCKS BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER TO RUN A PI4 WITH A TOUCHSCREEN AND ALL THE CORES MAXED OUT IT SUCKS

My first thought was "fuck it, keep it the same, it's good enough for 90% of stuff", but making the thing put out 3 amps @ 5V isn't a big deal and only adds a couple bucks to the cost, and if people want to pay for that, fuck it.

I was hoping that the glazing putty and existing primer would do the necessary, but then the aluminum came through to the paint while I was sanding :/

Do it right, do it once, eh. Especially on a show car or one you want to be nice and not just look good enough to sell.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Do it right, do it again in a year, when the kids have knocked something else over onto the goddamned car.

Haha!

Used to work at a discount type body shop which makes me an expert layman.
Gotta know how to do it right so you can know how to do it wrong/lesser quality the right way to end up at good enough.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I do all my own bodywork.

I'm no sculptor with bondo. That's more of an art form than it is a trade or technical thing. Can make small stuff disappear given enough time but that's about it lol.

The rest of it isn't difficult, just tedious.

I'm no sculptor with bondo. That's more of an art form than it is a trade or technical thing. Can make small stuff disappear given enough time but that's about it lol.

The rest of it isn't difficult, just tedious.
bondo inhabits that weird space between glazing putty and glass-reinforced filler that nobody really asked for, and isn't really useful in either situation.

IMO, if you can't beat the panel back into shape good enough to get away with glazing putty, you probably should just replace the panel outright.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Turns out it's actually more than an hours worth of work. But I assume you're probably so much smarter than my mechanic that you could do it in 15 minutes.

$60 well spent!
he knew that too, and jenkum woulda if he even looked slightly into it. Even the sped up and cut down youtube video of a dude doing is is 21 minutes.

• Love
Reactions: fly
Status
Not open for further replies.