Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to sell off my Rochester Q-shit on eBay. Selling shit on there is a lot more complicated than I remember.

I should go through my attic and get rid of a lot of rare but useless (to me) car shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
So I have befriended my YourMechanic guy, as we're both big home brewers. I now get pretty sweet deals to work on my car. He's coming here to replacing the valve cover gasket in our Sonata for $60. It would probably cost $60 to have someone look at it AND I'd have to drive to them!

I had a guy that lived three doors up who ran a garage out of his driveway/carport. Totally against the rules here. He did work on a couple of my cars and saved me a ton of cash while he was here.

Suddenly disappeared overnight, and a new family in his house literally the next day. I don’t know how they do it around here, but they do.

“They”

• Haha
Reactions: nukes
So I have befriended my YourMechanic guy, as we're both big home brewers. I now get pretty sweet deals to work on my car. He's coming here to replacing the valve cover gasket in our Sonata for $60. It would probably cost $60 to have someone look at it AND I'd have to drive to them!
A valve cover for your Sonata costs $10 from Amazon. Looks about 15 minutes of work.

• Haha
awesome

Paying the stupid tax today. Replacing the hood, refinishing the fascia, fenders, and nose panel on the 300ZX.

I've been putzing along with the big fuckin' dent in the hood from the water pump explosion for more than a year now, and I intend to show the car in October at the Route 66 JDM Classic in Williams, Arizona, so I figured I'd do it now, and give myself 2 months in which to fuck it up again.

Today, I got the dent pulled out of the fender, flattened the bugaboos on the replacement hood, sanded down the fascia and nose panel, and primered up the dent and the hood.

Tomorrow, I'll scuff the rest of the fenders, block out the primer on the dented fender, and take care of any high or low spots there before I color and clear the whole shebang. Then sometime before Williams, I'll block it and buff it out.

• Gravy
Status
Not open for further replies.