Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem isn't how to get a matching car door on a car, any fool can figure that out. The talent and skill comes in how to work that into something more.

'MAW, we gonna need to budget for a bigol 'presser! And a new roller cabinet I can keep my new paint accessories in."

I specifically worded that so any one of these guys could single out the "any fool can" part and respond with "obviously" or some such quip but I guess some people ya just can't reach.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Painting shit requires decent tools, a very clean and well lit place to work, a whole bunch of different chemicals like cleaners and thinners and whatever. And car paint is expensive - I spent like $50 years ago on barely enough paint to paint a guitar.

And it takes a bunch of skill and technique that only comes from fucking up a bunch of times. If you want a good looking result, I'd practice on a cheap beater or something first.

Best of luck!

Painting shit requires decent tools, a very clean and well lit place to work, a whole bunch of different chemicals like cleaners and thinners and whatever. And car paint is expensive - I spent like $50 years ago on barely enough paint to paint a guitar.

And it takes a bunch of skill and technique that only comes from fucking up a bunch of times. If you want a good looking result, I'd practice on a cheap beater or something first.

Best of luck!
But it's expedient.

Best of luck!

I actually worked in a body shop years ago. I know enough about the right way to know where you can cut a corner and where you can't. You might consider me a bit of an expert layman.

Do the prep right and as long as your air supply can keep up with you it's pretty hard to fuck it up.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Took the time to read through some of the receipts on the S6, found out it (and most turbocharged Audis of the era) has a hydroboost braking system, with a little grenade lookin' thing up in front of the front axle that's charged to 200 bar or so with nitrogen as an accumulator for the eventuality that you might need brake assist while the pump isn't providing pressure.

Very peculiar.

Took the time to read through some of the receipts on the S6, found out it (and most turbocharged Audis of the era) has a hydroboost braking system, with a little grenade lookin' thing up in front of the front axle that's charged to 200 bar or so with nitrogen as an accumulator for the eventuality that you might need brake assist while the pump isn't providing pressure.

Very peculiar.
Nitrous oxide hooked to the intake would be more exciting. Had an 1100 Kawasaki Police Road Patrol bike with one under the seat and a cute button just forward of the throttle that said "pursue". :eek:

To paraphrase a current commercial "if your brakes don't stop you, something will."o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.