Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...may have to research this further.

Though for a 12-pack or a bag of weed or something I could get access to a shop that has Jehanuum-level air compression capabilities.
Just use a rattle can of primer and a rattle can of regular paint but make sure to match up the chip color.

One of those chintzy oil-less 30 gallons will get you through a single coat before you have to pause for it to refill. Hopefully the paint doesn't cure quickly, because you want to lay two to three base coats in rapid succession (before flashover).

That's what I started thinking about. I don't have anything that will just let me do what the paint wants to do without waiting for the equipment to catch up.

Will work a deal with the shop guy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
yeah, you're gonna need like 8cfm @ 60psi to run that right.
Like I said, the HV"L"P guns from HF are real whores.

They also waste paint like a motherfucker. A real HVLP gun is much more precise, but I suppose whether or not that's worth it depends on how much paint you have to shoot.

Like I said, the HV"L"P guns from HF are real whores.

They also waste paint like a motherfucker. A real HVLP gun is much more precise, but I suppose whether or not that's worth it depends on how much paint you have to shoot.

ive actually got the self contained hvlp from them (its the same one that rockler sells) for stains. Works decently for the super budget item it is.

No way was i gonna get a compressor big enough to run a proper gun

ive actually got the self contained hvlp from them (its the same one that rockler sells) for stains. Works decently for the super budget item it is.

No way was i gonna get a compressor big enough to run a proper gun
What I meant was, if you buy a quart but waste a pint and a half, it matters if the quart costs $100, because you could have taken that $75 and plowed it into a better gun and gotten the same results.

My deal would just be doing one car door, one time.
No it won't be a perfect match but this thing spent the majority of its life in a garage and never baked in the sun like things do down here.

Not screwing around with working it into the neighboring panels or doing the whole side of the car so it's the same (unless I get that little bug that says, "well that went pretty good, I bet I could do even better" instead of stopping at good like a sane person would working on a 16 year old low monetary value car).

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
My deal would just be doing one car door, one time.
No it won't be a perfect match but this thing spent the majority of its life in a garage and never baked in the sun like things do down here.

Not screwing around with working it into the neighboring panels or doing the whole side of the car so it's the same (unless I get that little bug that says, "well that went pretty good, I bet I could do even better" instead of stopping at good like a sane person would working on a 16 year old low monetary value car).
Just find a door that's the same color already then.

It's funny, though, because a good gun will run for hours on one of those 30 gallon oilless mofos, because it takes about 8 SCFM at 25PSI instead of 60PSI.

That's the difference between professional stuff and cheap stuff people get to do a job one time. And maybe screw around doing a few other things, none of which have to be professional grade work.

Like I'm sure I could paint other things with it but my livelihood or reputation doesn't depend on any of them.

That's the difference between professional stuff and cheap stuff people get to do a job one time. And maybe screw around doing a few other things, none of which have to be professional grade work.

Like I'm sure I could paint other things with it but my livelihood or reputation doesn't depend on any of them.
I wouldn't think your reputation is held up by much, Tad Nougat.

I wouldn't think your reputation is held up by much, Tad Nougat.

My reputation is held up by finding workable solutions in seemingly impossible situations. "Field expedience" if you will.
Simply ordering in would invalidate my whole niche.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
It's probably cheaper to buy the right color from LKQ than it is to buy the wrong color one and then paint it yourself, even with your labor being appropriately valued at $0/hr.

Most likely but then I wouldn't get to burn a weekend fucking around with new toys instead of playing domesticated househusband.

See? I do value my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.