Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a set of plate frames from the Dotson Datsun dealership in Midland, TX on eBay, and bought them for the guy who tunes my cars (whose last name is Dotson).

Probably gonna do a little cleanup and restoration beforehand, but I think he'll be amused.

Found a set of plate frames from the Dotson Datsun dealership in Midland, TX on eBay, and bought them for the guy who tunes my cars (whose last name is Dotson).

Probably gonna do a little cleanup and restoration beforehand, but I think he'll be amused.
Just ride in with the car wearing them and when he asks take em off the car and give em to him

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
ShitBlower 6000-SUX update v.becauseyoucare

Got the brand new carb bowl gasket on properly on the first try. Put fresh gas and a splash of Seafoam in, and it wouldn’t start until I gave it a spritz of starting fluid. Then it started right up.

Sounds fine.

Got it half out of choke according to the plastic knob.

And I was able to restart it twice without starting fluid or any shens.

Did the driveway and front walk just fine.

So a win for the day I think.

Welp, this looks dumb. Gonna spray bomb it all now.

Eh. Intake and other stuff cover/break up a lot of that.

I found one with the opposite color scheme. It doesn't look nice like I thought it would either. Busy, cluttered. And that's the clean side. Intake and exhaust both on the other side make the rest of it invisible.

2011-06-14_031116_4.91.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Eh. Intake and other stuff cover/break up a lot of that.

I found one with the opposite color scheme. It doesn't look nice like I thought it would either. Busy, cluttered. And that's the clean side. Intake and exhaust both on the other side make the rest of it invisible.

View attachment 5910
Hrm. Not horrible. Looks like they took an earlier longblock that was already done and slapped on the bits for an EFI setup. I kind of hope that didn't happen as they'd have a horribly running engine.

I like the blue block as it would let you see oil leaks.

Found this in a Jalopnik article.

nddqijevmcstwzbtj4f8.png

Hrm. Not horrible. Looks like they took an earlier longblock that was already done and slapped on the bits for an EFI setup. I kind of hope that didn't happen as they'd have a horribly running engine.

I like the blue block as it would let you see oil leaks.

Random Google pic says '88 model.

Leads to this which isn't much help.

https://www.justanswer.com/ford/54m6l-1988-ford-f150-4.html

Wonder about doing the rocker cover same as block?

Can't remember how much the rest of the air intake, filter box, etc. covered up or hid on my old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.