Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
EV crate "motor" coming out next year.

EV crate "motor" coming out next year.

They bump the power up to 200hp, that'll be in the Datsun immediately.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I heard somewhere the Chinese not only have the battery swap almost figured out, but they also have developed a 300,000 mile battery that only loses 10% capacity over it’s lifespan.

Buy stock in Blue Sun now, motherfuckers.

Finally got the suspension set up all the way in - new bushings, new lower ball joints, new coilovers.

Might dial it down a hair (maybe 1/2") for shits and giggles. I'm really happy with the way it sits now, though.

View attachment 9787

I must've missed the part where you took out the rear "steering" rack and tightened it up to be regular FWS. Seems pretty wtf to me to be forcing stuff to twist in the bushings, like come on man one or the other not halfway both ways.

A little bit would deflect about like how things do when the suspension moves I guess but it seems pointless to go through all that and add extra parts and not end up with actual steering.

Last edited:
I must've missed the part where you took out the rear "steering" rack and tightened it up to be regular FWD. Seems pretty wtf to me to be forcing stuff to twist in the bushings, like come on man one or the other not halfway both ways.

A little bit would deflect about like how things do when the suspension moves I guess but it seems pointless to go through all that and add extra parts and not end up with actual steering.
I took out the rear steering rack years ago.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I heard somewhere the Chinese not only have the battery swap almost figured out, but they also have developed a 300,000 mile battery that only loses 10% capacity over it’s lifespan.

Buy stock in Blue Sun now, motherfuckers.
Pretty sure that Tesla is working on that too. It's the easiest fix for the 'fillup' issue. I'm sure this will give @Mr. Asa another angry boner.

Tesla Model S's are actually designed to have an easily swappable battery, but that plan's been abandoned in light of new lithium battery tech that'll pretty much have the battery capacity outlast the rest of the car once it comes online.

This isn't optimistic bullshit, I know Jeff Dahn and his team. They've got quite a lab/test facility built and lots of work happening here in Halifax. Can't say much more.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
Tesla Model S's are actually designed to have an easily swappable battery, but that plan's been abandoned in light of new lithium battery tech that'll pretty much have the battery capacity outlast the rest of the car once it comes online.

This isn't optimistic bullshit, I know Jeff Dahn and his team. They've got quite a lab/test facility built and lots of work happening here in Halifax. Can't say much more.
I think the issue is charging times more than lifecycle, though the lifecycle thing is definitely interesting.

Hopefully there won't be a tradeoff of cell life for charging amperage, like there is now.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm pretty sure the EGR system is fucked up in the truck again. 200k+ miles on it and no issues. Swap the engine and it decides to start shitting the bed.
All that fresh exhaust actually making its way through the passages instead of stopping at the nearest carbon blockage has the old valve all confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.