Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a job at a wholesaler on the other side of town, hopefully temporarily. Where the mechanic shops get their stuff from and mark it up one more time to the customer.
OEM's and decent quality aftermarkets, won't find any AutoZone stuff here, lol.

Some examples of markups, ignoring the pennies, for those interested though some of you guys already know this stuff fwiw.

--------------------------------------------------

Air/fuel ratio sensor, 117 to 153.

Purge valve, 79 to 97.

Oxygen sensor, 33 to 67.

Coolant outlet flange, 24 to 44.

Brake pads, 38 to 76.

Strut assembly, 44 to 103.

Air mass meter, 263 to 451.

Alternator 138 to 334.

A/C compressor, 379 to 1050.

Belt, 11 to 45.

Cabin air filter, 8 to 40.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant

This shit is getting me excited to register for the Radwood LA show in December. Gonna figure out how to get my 300ZX and my Audi in.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant
Local(Detroit) car excitement!
Woodward Dream Cruise

Attachments

• 1565971241614.png
    1565971241614.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi
Local(Detroit) car excitement!
Woodward Dream Cruise
View attachment 9229

Saw that a couple o' times. Wife is from detroit, used to live right near the main drag there in royal oak

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Saw that a couple o' times. Wife is from detroit, used to live right near the main drag there in royal oak
Very cool - Royal Oak is a nice place to watch it, pretty much middle of the Cruise.
My previous house was about 1/2 a city block off Woodward(the main drag). I don't miss the noise and the BS of trying to get through the traffic. But the car drooling.:heart::drool: Second or third year I got to do a full length article for an online mag and got some great pics. Best pic I got was the day after it was over. . . . was almost dusk, redhead by herself in a great mint green metal-flake Camaro and some guy in a GTO end up at this red light, no traffic out(I'm on the sidewalk, still taking shots for my article), caught them as she smoked'm, fishtailed a little and promptly took a length on the Goat. Even the smoke looked good in the shot.

Calling 80s and 90s cars nostalgia makes me feel old.

Also T-tops are always cool.

View attachment 9230
Yeah, it kills me that my DD (the Audi) is now 25 years old, and the next oldest one I own is 28, and they're both '90s vintage.

I suppose it's just nostalgia's moving window, but I don't hold as much reverence for the tri-5 chevies as my Dad does (who was born in '48).

Yeah, it kills me that my DD (the Audi) is now 25 years old, and the next oldest one I own is 28, and they're both '90s vintage.

I suppose it's just nostalgia's moving window, but I don't hold as much reverence for the tri-5 chevies as my Dad does (who was born in '48).

When my generation was old enough to start getting into cars all the great new stuff you read about in magazines was post-emissions and oil crisis gutless 80s boxes on wheels. Doesn't inspire a whole lot of nostalgia.

My folks were born during the WW2 years. When they met and as newlyweds they were driving a 63 Impala SS hardtop and a 61 Triumph tr3 convertible. They'll still mention those cars once in awhile. I don't have much cause to reminisce about my 83 Citation.

• Gravy
  • Sad
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
You fashion that booth at home?

Did something similar before with box fans at one end and furnace filters at the other. And duct tape. It worked.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Status
Not open for further replies.