Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please say there was a Ford Aspire there aspiring to be a real car.
In order of age, it was my '71, a '74 Triumph (silhouette car with tube frame and LS V8), my friend's '84 300ZX turbo, a '90 M3, and everything else was post '00, so no dice on any cool or uncool '90s cars like the Aspire coming into the fray.

Just called the dealer and mentioned "hey, I can grab one in Maine."

"Hey if you can do that, we'll put it on for you"
"How about you get from them for me?"
"Well akkkssshuuwwwlllyyy, Audi Canada and Audi USA are separate entities, we can't buy each others stuff... oh, and can you get the part #? sometimes shit's different between Canada and the US"

Sure enough, US part begins with 8R0, canada part begins with 80A, dig further and the control modules are different. :/
:case:audi needs a good cocking

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Always hate thinking of this, but I always do

"Jacked up safely" with a bumper jack and cinder blocks don't inspire a whole lot of confidence in Fox News' reporting.

Always hate thinking of this, but I always do

I've always been pretty careful about that stuff and even more so the older I get. I don't know what the hell you're supposed to do when the earth itself throws shit around though.

Still got a nice scar and always will from age 5. Was sitting on the toungue/hitch of a 2-wheel manure spreader. Basically a heavy duty trailer, tongue made of 1/4" C-channel structural steel, open side facing down. Tongue jack slipped somehow, or maybe I hit a release or a pin or something, I don't know, was a kid.
Shit came down and took a fist size hunk of meat out of my leg just above the ankle, down to the bone. Went to kindergarten in a wheelchair.

I'm waiting for the "good" electric cars to come out, not a half assed "lets take a FWD gasser platform and throw an electric motor under the hood" conversion. Tesla's there, VW MEB platform cars are gonna be out in a couple of years, and hopefully everyone else gets their shit together.

I sold my house (for the second fuckin' time, hopefully this sale actually goes through) and the new place I'm looking at has a decent sized garage/workshop with its own 200A power feed and everything. I'll put the GTI out of its misery, finally give up and sell the fit. Then I'll get an electric car for my daily commuter, the Q5 will be the gf's car / road-tripper, and then I'll get a damn project car.

I'm waiting for the "good" electric cars to come out, not a half assed "lets take a FWD gasser platform and throw an electric motor under the hood" conversion. Tesla's there, VW MEB platform cars are gonna be out in a couple of years, and hopefully everyone else gets their shit together.

I sold my house (for the second fuckin' time, hopefully this sale actually goes through) and the new place I'm looking at has a decent sized garage/workshop with its own 200A power feed and everything. I'll put the GTI out of its misery, finally give up and sell the fit. Then I'll get an electric car for my daily commuter, the Q5 will be the gf's car / road-tripper, and then I'll get a damn project car.

pics of new place? I remember your old place was like halfway up the hill and had an awesome view out the bay, etc.

What the gf doin about the doggie daycare you built her? Gonna build a new one?

pics of new place? I remember your old place was like halfway up the hill and had an awesome view out the bay, etc.

What the gf doin about the doggie daycare you built her? Gonna build a new one?
I'll post pics when the place is officially mine.

Dog daycare business is getting sold with the house, new buyers have an interest in taking over the business (though we'll make them change the business name). Daycare accounts for about 25% of the income and 75% of the frustration so we'll do strictly boarding at the new place, or she might just say fuck it all and get a 'normal people' job, we'll see.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and Domon
Status
Not open for further replies.