Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with J on this (a ringing endorsement, I know) and I don't see it as being difficult in the least.

It's the ins. co. being difficult.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Can't wait for that next season. Other twitter shit showed them in the Mekong river/delta

3KUxCnH.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
With a little help from my friends today, I combined a semi-broken transmission and a totally broken transmission into a single, functional transmission that I reinstalled in the 240Z. Time will tell if the new one is not leaky, but I'm hopeful.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
You blew up the old one?

You blew up the old one?
No, it was semi-functional. I broke off a bolt in the case that's supposed to hold the retainer for the speedometer quill, then when I tried to retrieve it with an ez out, I damaged the rear case pretty terminally, in that it had a fairly significant weeping leak that would paint my garage floor with a few ounces of Redline MT90 over the course of a week.

I happened to have another 5 speed that I've been disassembling for parts for the boy to weld on, and at some point, it'd shat a bearing that cracked open the front cover. Fortunately, the rear case was still in good shape, so I cleaned it up and swapped it on in place of the one that I ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.