Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
New windshield
New tires
Alignment

Buddy worked me a deal and I got the tires and alignment for about 30-40% off. Haven't sat down to do the math.

Alignment is still slightly off with the camber, should be between -0.3 to -0.8, currently at -1.1 on the left and -1.2 on the right. Didn't have a big enough socket to adjust the bushing, gonna go back later this week.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Wow, picked up the Audi from the detail shop and it was like a whole new car on the inside.

Then I took most of the front end apart to put new coolant hoses in. Went with silicone aftermarket stuff, because they did a complete set for the entire coolant loop. After a lot of cursing and a little crying, I finally got them all in. Those fuckers fit tighter than a virgin on prom night.

While I was doing the coolant lines, I pulled the heater box out to swap the blower motor, since it has been singing at me.
how much did the detail cost ya?

not bad for a super deep clean. I wanted to find a place around here to do something like that once every 4 years or so

Ah, its a one off dude. Those are always the best, because they take a superb amount of pride in their work, and dont have some corporate asshole breathing down their neck about hours and profit margins.

But as you said, they always undervalue themselves. I bet he put at least 6 hours into getting you all spiffy

Ah, its a one off dude. Those are always the best, because they take a superb amount of pride in their work, and dont have some corporate asshole breathing down their neck about hours and profit margins.

But as you said, they always undervalue themselves. I bet he put at least 6 hours into getting you all spiffy
No, he's the owner of the shop, the Art of Detail. I'm not sure if I got the "friend" discount, or the referral discount (for sending work his way before).

Yes, the Reeata was a pos. But this couple looked kind of stylish in their matching hats(his/hers). And the car was in awesome shape for 27-28 yrs old. Original paint I believe from slight chipping around "Reeata". That is all.7682

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Dumped my home/auto insurance for Progressive, because Safeco's a bunch of fucktards (they decided my auto rates needed to go up 35% and 69% on the Infiniti and Audi, respectively, after I dumped my collector cars off onto a new collector car policy).

The agent asked if I could put a dongle in the Audi, and I was like, "it's a 1995, that's pre OBD-II, so where would I even plug it in?"

Then she asked if I could put an app on my phone, so I told her I only use a Motorola RAZR, BECAUSE I LOVE THE 1990S.

I get the feeling you're kind of a difficult person to exist in proximity to.
I help my neighbors, I keep my yard tidy, and I keep to myself unless someone's being a passive aggressive douchecanoe and honking an air horn through the window at a couple kids having fun in a pool.

How's that difficult?

Whenever someone has a different opinion or makes your life difficult in the least possible way, you seem to try to make the situation worse

I get the feeling you're kind of a difficult person to exist in proximity to.
I can see that, but he kinda reminds me of Dad in a couple ways.

Imagine a non-vocal, non-pushy but very strict vegan. More than happy for you to do your thing, but they'll damn sure ensure they can do their own thing.

Edit: despite how I feel for my father, this is not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. It just is

I can see that, but he kinda reminds me of Dad in a couple ways.

Imagine a non-vocal, non-pushy but very strict vegan. More than happy for you to do your thing, but they'll damn sure ensure they can do their own thing.
yeah, i get that. Not gonna go out of their way to bother other people going about their life, but the minute something infringes upon their personal whatever, all bets are off.

Whenever someone has a different opinion or makes your life difficult in the least possible way, you seem to try to make the situation worse
Why would I give her a simple "no, my privacy is mine", when I can try and shake the tree just a tiny bit?

I know, privacy is dead, and I should just let it go, but that's just my windmill to tilt at. (cue @fly coming in and telling me "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS, DEAL WITH IT")

It's true: I can't plug in one of those OBD-II GPS dongles, because the car is pre-OBD-II.

Status
Not open for further replies.